If only in fairness,I've gone through more .257" spouts than everyone else here bolted together and (5) in 257Wby alone. Hint.

Have shot more than a schitload of 25-06AI too,as well as a herd of 25-284's,25-06's,Bob's and Better Bob's. Hint.

There's no way I'd build another Quarter Bore today...simply because bullets matter more than headstamps and quarter inch schit sucks heavy ass in comparison. Though the 25's have always sucked projectile wise,everything else has greatly improved in the last 20yrs in comparison,while the 25's have been stagnant. The discrepency was less,a couple decades ago...now it is too painful to bear on purpose. Hint.

It is hardly daunting in anything cited,to headspace a false shoulder(280 Virgins in 25-06AI and 7mmRemmie Virgins in 257Wby) and yield perfect cases. Hint.

In long action I'd go 6-06 or 6-06AI,focus on 105's and slap all 25's fhuqking silly,in Precision,inherent ability to fend atmospherics and relative Oooomph...while boasting less recoil in the fray. A .530 or better BC at 3300fps +++ do not suck. Hint.

A 243Win will blow the doors off a 25-06AI slumming Factory Fodder. Re-hint.

Though in even more fairness...not everyone can take a hint and Joe Average sure as schit ain't very fhuqking bright.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."