To me, it's very simple. Allen is far more experienced at actually killing large game than almost any of us and he is a bluntly spoken, honest guy whose expertise is very obvious, to me, anyway. I have yet to see him post here or on that other forum, AR, when he did not say things that my experience has demonstrated on similar or the same game.

The Nosler Partition is an icon in the sport, because it just works and, I see no reason to change since my regular hunting rifles all shoot it very well. I has worked for me since 1968 and I wouldn't change, especially in my .338s.

This year, I loaded some ABs in a 7STW built on a sts Classic-Mod. 70 by the late Dana Campbell of Alaska and in a .300 Roy Fibremark; I really worked on this ammo for my buddy and the accuracy was mediocre, for those two rifles. I was not impressed and loaded some PTs for him and they did quite a lot better. So, for varmints, targets, broadside "plantation" Whitetails, fine, but, for hunting trophy Elk in dense cover where Grizzlies are quite commonplace, the plain old PT has been and will remain my pick.

I wish AD would start a hunting/shooting mag., himself, Jim Carmichel, Ross Seyfried and John Barness as staff writers. No handguns, tough-dude blackguns, shotguns, JUST serious hunting with serious rifles, doubles, singles, bolts and whatever......I would pay SERIOUS coin for a subscription to that!