Toltecgriz- the article theory is as follows:

"I think that the 9.3x62 solid with a 286 grain solid bullet performs better on buffalo than the 375 H&H with a 300 gr solid bullet, actually killing them faster with side on shoulder shots. I believe the reason for this is that the 286 grain 9.3 solids do not usually exit on such shots. Consequently, as the bullets energy is liberated inside the chest cavity. This is why I have been downloading the 375 H&H with 300 grain bullets to a muzzle velocity of around 2400 fps for a number of years. A number of one shots kills this past hunting season with these reduced loads has convinced me that this is the way for the ineperienced first time buffalo hunter to go."
from The Perfect Shot,Kevin Robertson

He stated that he thought more shooters would have a better chance of shooting this load in a 8-1/2 to 9 pound gun and making the first shot count. He also dose not like the pass through shot in heards.

This leaves us with the argument as to whether energy from a bullet is absorbed into an animal or not or is part waste on exit. I like exit holes as I am not a great tracker.

I believe this is an attempt to optimize a load for a specific use.

I try and keep an open mind to what works for others in how i can make it work for me.