When the chips are down I would rather depend on a bullet with a stellar mechanical design (limiting expansion via bulkhead) than a chemical process. I would think that there would be far less chance of error with a good mechanical design than a chemical process which is much more difficult to implement a quality control process.

This is the same reason why in standard bullets I prefer a Hornady with an "interlocking ring" than a Speer with "hot cor."

In my mind all truly premium bullets have mechanical bulkheads to absolutely limit expansion in order to ensure penetration (North forks, Partitions, TSX, Failsafe etc.). A bonded bullet without a bulkhead does not ensure penetration only the pancake effect.

Also, the reason why the Partitions are so good, is that the shedding of lead from the nose portion many times creates a larger wound channel in the vitals than a large fixed mushroom; and additionally the bulkhead limits expansion and guarantees penentration. The advantage of a larger mushroom comes with a potentially greater exit hole ... if it exits.........