test, that's a very fair question to ask, and I ask myself that same question to this day.

My rifle shoots a variety of loads very well. I had 210 and 250 gr. Nosler Partition loads ready to go, as well as a 225 gr. Barnes TSX load. I used the TSX load for elk hunting last year, and it was phenomenally accurate and absolutely hammered elk.

Toward the end of my prep time, I was ready to go with my 250 gr. Nosler Partition handload, which produces 2702 fps. out of my rifle, and I was ready to go with it because of the possibility of getting into it with a lion, as well as for hunting 2000 lb. eland in mopane forests. The 250 gr. Partition is a very special bullet in my experience (I shot my first elk with it 23 years ago), because it opens up very well on all sizes of game, and under all conditions, plus it penetrates on and on and on. It's a real killer, and it's just possibly the all-time best 338 Win. Mag. bullet ever developed. It's not too tough for the small stuff, and it'll stay together enough to handle any of the big stuff.

But stupidly, I became overtly fascinated by the perfect, round little sub-1/2" five-shot groups my rifle was producing with the 225 ABs. That, plus the drive to experiment with yet another premium bullet influence my decision.

AD

"The placing of the bullet is everything. The most powerful weapon made will not make up for lack of skill in marksmanship."

Colonel Townsend Whelen