Originally Posted by powdr
I'm not confused UK Dave...maybe the fact that I haven't sent one in for 15 years speaks for itself. There was nothing wrong w/the scope internally...the eyepiece and lock ring were just frozen. powdr

I have a Redfield Revolution that I sent in because some guy tightened the lock ring down with slip-joint pliers and maybe loc-tite. Bought it for near nothing. Sent it to Leupold with a note that I expected to pay for the repair. All it cost me was shipment back to them. They repaired it for nothing and sent it back free of charge. That was 1 of only 2 repairs I've sent scopes back to Leupold for. The other was a very old VXII that I bought used and sent back because I suspected it was not holding zero. Leupold did not elaborate on the fix, but went through it and returned it for free. I still have the scope and it is perfect. All but one of my CF rifles wear Leupolds (a bunch). The one that doesn't, wears a Bausch and Lomb Elite. I will replace it with a Leupy one day.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson