Originally Posted by UKdave

I find it interesting that given how many people have sent in 1 or more scopes for repair (in this thread and others) it shows that they arnt built very well, but some of you keep defending them? wouldnt it be better to produce a product that doesnt fail as often and NOT need to use the warranty?.

The fact the glass is made in Asia and Leapolds have a very good reputation with good glass is great, however, all the posts have been about other parts of the scope failing? forgive me if im wrong, but isnt everything else made in the USA

I've used Leupold scopes since 1974 and never had a problem. There were many Forest Service professional deer cullers here that used them for many years who never had a problem with them. Those guys would shoot more deer in a week than most people on here would shoot in 10 years; mostly in extremely rugged terrain too. Leupold make fine scopes.

Incidentally, it's not pronounced Leapold; it's pronounced Loopold.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal