Originally Posted by eyeball
MD, thanks for your knowledgeable response.

I have killed many running deer with rifle and shotgun, a few running elk with rifle and bow, a running bear with a bow, couple of flying turkey with a rifle, a few wood ducks flying up or down Piney Creek with a 22, etc. Some lucky and most blessed, but the shot i have feared to be faced with and truly dread would be for a trophy stotting muley.

Ch, ive killed quite a few running jacks and several running coyotes but i never got good at it.

I passed on a stodding muley. 19 points and over 200 inches. My first and last muley hunt with a rifle ever. Would have been a heck of a thing to take home.

The kid that killed him clean a few days later was happy though.

And I was elated that I had chosen to pass, and not risked wounding a deer.

Crud of it was that I could have easily smacked him at 500 or 600 yards in his bed no problems... I just am not a moving target shooter and thats how he and I met each other one afternoon, at about 150 yards. I went to sitting and slung up, but by the time I was good and solid, it was too late.

I have zero regrets.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....