My average is definitely above 50%....probably closer to 75-80% (if you count game that is walking or feeding slowly). Only occasionally is a shot taken with the animal at a full run....although it does happen from time to time. A dead still, standing shot is just as rare.

Even in the years past when we hunted deer with dogs was a shot taken at an animal that was going full-bore. We hunted with beagles to deliberately avoid high-speed shots that were common with bigger walker and bluetick hounds (one man described a deer crossing a logging road ahead of hounds as "shooting at a buckskin string....stretched"). Most were taken while they just eased along far ahead of the dogs or slipping out, but not being chased.

I hunt in an area where 90% of my shots are at 100 yards or less and visability is limited. Most deer (even undisturbed) seen are traveling through or feeding. A standing shot is the exception and is just luck when the deer decides to stop for a minute.

I could probably get more standing shots when hunting over a food plot....if I was willing to wait them out. However, I learned long ago that waiting for a "better" shot was a good way to have the deer decide, for whatever deerish reason, to leave the area and not get any shot at all. I tend to take the first "good" shot that is presented. Most are at a slow walk or slowly feeding along.....not running.

I think if most were to actually think about it, and count deer that are feeding along slowly of walking, the average hunter also takes 50% or more "moving" shots. The exception might be those who habitually take deer over feeders where the deer will most often stand in one place to get a bite.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know