Originally Posted by Farming
Greyhost being a farmer I'm obviously biased, but I believe mans very excistace is bad for the Eco system and not just the farming part of it. I think if you compare CA population growth compared to ag growth you'd see urban development has far outpaced it. LA used to be citrus orchards now it's a cesspool of a city never to have a Eco system again. Now if it were ag land and it was let go it would go back to nature in a short time.

I see prime foothill habitat get developed never to be wild again, and I see ag land fallowed waiting for the next abundantly wet year and within months the ag land has ducks,pheasants,coyotes,snakes and all kinds of wild stuff.

CA needs something for its economy and given a choice I bet you can guess what I'd chose even if I didn't make my living doing it.

GMAB.. Gowing table grapes and lettuce in a desert is as ridiculous as green lawns and swimming pools in the San Fernando valley.

Has anyone read Cadillac Desert yet? Or do they just get their info from the couch sitter's forum?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...