I can't believe that any reputable gunsmith OR barrel maker would allow such a fustercluck. Pretty easy for parties involved to 'find no fault' in the gun..... when they don't actually shoot it.

I'd out everyone involved in the gun.... barrel maker, all smiths involved, etc. Phug'em..... somebody should have stepped up to the plate and put a new pipe on the stupid thing. I own a business, I know that I occasionally fhugk up.... even when the work is solid, it can simply be an issue of perception vs. expectations. I have to eat some crow, and a little side of schitt with it, when that happens. It may even have been some other contractor involved that was ultimately responsible for the issue. But at the end of the day.... my name is on it, and I was at least partially responsible for creating the perceptions and expectations. And, it's my name that gets dragged through the mud when I point fingers or shirk responsibility.

Everyone can provide exceptional service when everything goes well..... what established and maintains companies, is their level of service when things go haywire. I'd much rather lose the $500 in parts/labor to rebarrel the gun.... and take it on the chin, publicly or privately..... than lose the thousands of dollars I never get the opportunity to earn, based on a poor reputation.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......