Recently when I wanted three rifles worked on, two rebarreled and chambered and one built from the parts I supplied, I asked around. No one had anything good or bad to say about R&R Gunworks in White City. I figured it was worth a try since my regular 'smith would be a year or more out. The rebarrel on both the Weatherby and Savage needed the bolt faces opened. He did an excellent job; except the feed ramp would not allow the cartridge to feed slowly from the magazine in the Weatherby. He corrected it quickly and with no charge.

I sure can't say the same about Brown Precision. I think the guys name is Mark, but don't remember. I tried two different powders, two different bullets, and two different primers. I was getting 3" groups at 100 from the bench. I used to do that off hand. Finally after several conversations where he took no responsibility and questioned my ability to shoot I contacted my credit card company about the lack of cooperation and the three grand. She said, "The sooner he gets the rifle back the sooner you get your money back." He wanted me to pay him $700 to get my action back.

I took a differnt action to a local guy. The first five shots at 100 yards were 15/16". That sort of thing teaches me the experts are not from out of town.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter