I've been fighting a 30-06 I had done over a year ago. 10 twist cut 4 groove, match reamer, full single point trued rem action and I even paid to have the smith bed it. I've tried 3 different scopes and mounts and dozens of loads. Finally bought a tikka T3 stainless when they were on sale locally for $479. Load 6 loads each of 4 different bullets and head to the range shooting 3 through the custom and 3 through the tikka back and forth. The tikka shot them all under an inch with two groups under 1/2 inch and the custom averaged about 2 moa with the best group being 1.4" ish.

I have a 300 wsm custom with the same brand barrel and chambered by the same smith that's probably the most accurate rifle I own. I bedded the 300 wsm. I'm going to call the smith and see if he'll put one of my new blanks from another manufacturer on it. I think it's a bad barrel and is a little loose. It shoots fast but no accuracy. I hate to pay for it all over again but if it's a bad barrel it's not the smiths fault.

I'm about to the same point as steelhead and just want the manufacturer to install it. That way there's no finger pointing. Unless you bed it yourself.

Bb