Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I was told that there are more former Los Angeles residents in Salt Lake than there are native born Utah types. A lot of LA moved up there when LA went bust in the 90s. But the good news is that you are just a few hours from Moab.

salt lake, the city itself is very liberal, very san francisco like. The Mormon culture isn't a big deal, your neighbors will likely know each other alot more. It really depends on the part of the valley you live in. lots of outdoor stores to spend money, we have everyone but bass pro. We are also getting a second cabelas. Gun ranges there are a couple options, one is run by the state, its the nicest but they exert too much control over it. The other bountiful lions is my preference but they are further from me. The best in the state is down by price utah. They give you a golf cart to go check your targets with. its the cross roads of the west truely. You have the amazing rivers of idaho to the north if you fly fish, red rock to the south and east. high deserts of nevada to the west. I could retire and just worry about the next adventure and never get bored.