Update:
Decided to give the rifle a fair shake. Carefully went through a barrel break-in of sorts, shooting groups and cleaning thoroughly after every group. Discovered the fiberglass was high behind the tang, and there was no bearing on the bedding block at the rear action screw. I wrapped some fine sandpaper around a 1-3/8" dowel and corrected that. I also noticed the front action screw on had about two threads engaging. I checked the scope base, changed the rings and tried a different scope. The best load was Remington 32gr. Factory loads averaging 2" at a hundred yards. Finally I called Remington, the nice lady sent me an e-mail authorizing factory service for, 1) trigger recall, and 2) point of impact.
I took the rifle to Williams Gunsight in Davison, Michigan with my paperwork where the gunsmith told me . . . "2" groups are within Reminton spec" and he could do nothing with the rifle. I left in shock, pretty sure the "V" stands for Varmint . . . 2" is simply not acceptable for a $1200 varmint rifle. Still trying to cool off enough to figure out what to do . . .