Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

IMO , it is not the 204 chamber that is the culprit , but in this instance a crappy job by Remington putting the rifle together

I see many , many fat barrel 223 on the used market too, hell plenty of 22/250 as well....doesn't have a thing to do whether they shoot or not

I only have 3 factory 204 myself , all shoot sub MOA with ease

Yep, I do too. Problem with most factory rifles is that they hardly ever send out a rifle with a minimum spec chamber and throat. And that is a big problem for accuracy.
Plus the fact that most folks also want to send the rounds down range with balls to the wall speed (the main reason I wont even think about buying a used 22.250, Swift, or any other ultra velocity rifle.) which sometimes is not the most conducive to best accuracy.

Another reason that a lot of them get put on the used market is because people look for instant gratification and expect a rifle to shoot .5 - .25 groups without having to work at it just because its a fat barrel and supposedly has inherent accuracy.

Their bench techniques suck, they use a cheap ass rest, sand bags that move all the time or a gawd awful lead sled. They put a round down range every 15 seconds, don't look at the wind, send fliers out 3 inches and say that its the rifle even though the wind jumped 10 - 15 MPH right when they pulled the trigger.

I figure its probably about 40% rifle 60% shooter that causes all the problems. If the driver sucks, then even a 3000.00 rifle will probably suck too. YMMV

Swifty