Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Reloader
Me too, actually the Cooper was a .223. I love the looks of the Phoenix. I suppose I could have spent more time looking for the magic recipe but it honestly never gave me the impression it was going to do 3/8" consistently with any combination. I'd still love to have one if I knew it was going to shoot sub half regularly.

Got a pair of them in 223, after 3600 rounds through 1 and 3100 through the other, and 1 in a Swift on its 2nd tube, still all of them will put 3 in half the guarantee.
Accurate buggers. Typical 3 shot groups, 5 opens up a bit due to the driver.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Swifty,
If I bother with a 20, it will likely be a custom-throated Tactical. I like having a neck, and a throat that can be chased for at least a little while.
My "problem child" WANTED to shoot, but the stacking of issues like a big chamber and a long throat plus "new" brass with lots of production bugs, took off the shine in a hurry. Sorted, fired brass, it would shoot. Virgin brass, all over tarnation.

Understand and agree completely. 4000 fps + is a bummer. Chased the velocity demon once or twice and it cost me.
Damn fun though. No matter what you do its going to erode the throat quick if you shoot it much.

Swifty