djs,

Sounds like a tough situation, especially since your vehicle isn't equipped to pull a trailer.

You might be able to equip it to pull a small trailer more simply and reasonably than you are thinking. Have a conversation with UHaul. Lots of vehicles can pull a SMALL trailer.

If you have a lot of stuff, the suggestion of renting a truck and towing your vehicle may be reasonable.

I don't know what you have beyond guns. If you have a lot of ammo and reloading components, the movers won't take that either. And reloading equipment and components weigh a lot. The movers will charge you by weight, so anything heavy that you move another way, saves money that can help pay for the alternative.

When we moved last June, I rented a UHaul trailer and transported my guns, ammo, reloading components and equipment in it. I also moved our wine collection that way (didn't want it in a moving van for who knows how long). And I also topped off the load with my taxidermy. In our situation, that was a pretty inexpensive way to get heavy, sensitive and valuable stuff moved.

Good luck! It is a heck of an undertaking.

Al

Spend your life wisely.