Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Steelhead
He's a [bleep] idiot Art, don't bother.

If it was not obvious before it is now... to start, he says the act of taking the guns in VA (or the OP's current state if I misremember) is a problem in CO. If the fantasy problem is in CO it would be the act of turning the rightful property back to the owner in CO.

Without a change of legal possession no papers must be done... just for Captain Obvious. It is plain to anyone functional.

He's moving to Colorado.

Originally Posted by djs
I will be moving in a few months to another state (CO).

He might want to learn our screwed up gun laws. A background check in not only required for a change in ownership, but also for a change in possession. Want to loan your gun to a buddy so he can take it hunting for a week? You need to perform a background check on him before you can loan it to him, and then get another on you, before you can again take possession of your own firearm. Initially, this was also the process if you took it to gunsmith, but now that is one of the exceptions.

Before you can even hand a firearm to another person is this state you may need to perform a background check or you are committing a class 1 misdemeanor. There are 9 exceptions to this background check law in Colorado, and common carrier is not one of them.

Of course in 45 of the 50 counties in this state it won't matter, because they are not enforcing it.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/26/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell