I was tagging calves for an outfit, brush and scrub oak country. Usually I was by myself but I had a guy along that day, he is a arrowhead hunter for Caltrans, a wanabe cowboy. My dogs held up a bunch of cows in some trees and rocks. I roped a calf and started to tie-off, he said he would get down and tag the calf, so I pulled the little guy up close to a small oak, figured he could just reach around and tag him. Momma was a little pissed at what we were doing to junior lol. Ole Daryl reached around and tagged junior, momma blew snot, Daryl ran, momma ran and knocked Daryl down. Most cows will run over you and keep going, not this ole girl lol, she stopped on Daryl and commensed to beat him about the head and shoulders and I am laughing so hard it took me a second or two to push my horse into her to get her off of him. He was pretty beat up but nothing broke. I asked him if he learned anything. Told him he shouldn't have run and if he had kept the tree between her and him the oak would have taken the punishment lol. Good part is Daryl made a pretty fair cowboy.