Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by ingwe
Only saw one death that I can remember at work. Working summers during college at local dept. store a woman went to the shoe dept, found a steel counter she considered just right and beat her face against the corner hard enough to cave her face in..... By the time I got there she was done and on the floor. Tried to keep her alive, but she expired just as the EMTs arrived.
Helluva way to kill yourself.

I find it remarkable that someone can physically do something like that. I imagine it must have taken more than one attempt do the kind of damage necessary to cause death, hard to imagine how someone could go through with it. Not only that, but to come up with that method, of all the possible ways it could be done, is just bizarre.

It truly shocked me the first time I saw an inmate slam his own head into something. I was a farm boy/cowboy, hayseed, hick would had never been exposed to the underbelly of humanity. This kid slammed his forehead into a small, thick plexiglas window so hard it cracked the pane. It stunned him enough we were able to gain quick control of him and got him four pointed. He had a heck of a goose egg the next day. Nothing shocks me anymore. That's kind of sad really.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.