When I was a splicer for a three letter telecommunications giant,I was on a job to put new cable/drops/network interfaces in an old trailer park in southwest Dallas.
We were just starting the job and were out surveying just how to start when I saw some guys from an irrigation company digging with some guys with shovels.
I found their boss and told him to stop because they haven't called for utility locates and nothing was marked. The guy told me that he didn't have time for that $hit and wasn't going to stop his guys from digging.
It pissed me off and I reiterated to him that they had to stop because this was an old park and the power was direct buried... NO CONDUITS... AT ALL...
This time he just turned his back and walked away.
It wasn't 5 minutes later when one of his guys stuck a sharpshooter shovel right into one of those buried power lines.
The kid was in his late teens or early twenties and when I got to him he wasn't breathing and the heal of his left boot was blown out and smoking.
I started CPR and got him breathing again,but not before he puked into my mouth... He didn't regain consciousnesses by the time the ambulance arrived.
He died of septic shock a couple of weeks later.
I was deposed by a couple of lawyers and never saw his boss again because if I had,he would have remembered me for the rest of his life.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.