Well, thanks to Pat and everybody else who did the work to put this on, especially (I forgot his name) who walked out and painted the targets on the other side of the wash at every cease-fire, that had to be a mile round-trip every time out. And Scott for painting everything else, Alan for cooking, and Don (not huntsman) for the coffee, Nick for the wall tent and everybody else who helped put it on.

And especially Carl and the "Anodizer Kid grin " for making sure huntsman didn't take 1st. 13 hours on the road with him after that would've been too much if he'd won the shootout.

Saturday started out poorly on the trip back, got a flat on the gravel road. Got it changed and patched up in town, and headed home, and the day started to get better. I was clocked at 88 in a 70 mph zone by a young state trooper. He pulled us over, saw the rifle cases in the back and asked if we were hunting and I told him no, we'd just come up for some shooting. Took my license and registration back to his car and took a while, then came back with some papers in his hand.

Then he commented that he was just gonna give me a warning (!!) because I had good taste in hats (Noveske). That was enough to make me want to move to Montana right there.

Then to top it all off, while I was unloading the truck this morning, I found that huntsman had gifted me a pair of custom shootin' sticks.

Thanks Don!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.