Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I can only reiterate my two recent brand new Leupold scope purchases and both broke right out of the gate. One was a fixed power 4x (reticle broke) and the other was a VX2 4-12 x 40 who's erector was all out of whack and had to be sent back twice to correct the problem. Small sample you say....? Well yes, but a poor one for quality as well.

Again, OQ has already been cited, so my small sample as far as holding zero is with 2 Leupold variables getting knocked off zero considerably after airline travel. On several trips to Sask, my rifles would be knocked off anywhere from 1-3 inches and that was on targets that were slightly less than 100 yrds away (about 75 yrds IIRC).

Funny. I've been to Alaska on 2 trips, Sask on 1 trip and Vancouver Island on 1 trip over the past 4 years and have never touched the scope adjustments to a 2.5-8 Leupy VXIII on a 338WM. Took animals on each trip after checking the rifle zero once in the field. The scope adjustments remains untouched since 2006.

I travel with Rifles and Leupy scopes very often and have not had the experience you have. Guess i'm just LUCKY. whistle

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson