Originally Posted by tcp
I the experience of those here, by how much do Partitions fall short in accuracy in comparison to other cup and core hunting bullets like the Sierra PH?

I ask as although I would really like to use Nosler Partitions for game larger than deer- I have never been able to work up a load that was consistently accurate.

I am not expecting benchrest accuracy, but I find that if I can achieve moa groups with Sierras, I usually struggle to keep 1.5 moa groups with the Partitions. And, I find, the percentage of "where did that come from?" fliers greater with Partitions.

I do not want to be interpreted as knocking Nosler - I have used Accubonds and do use Ballistic Tips with good results - esp. the 95 gr .243 BT

I have tried to find a load I am pleased with in 3 different .30 caliber rifles using the 180 Partition and used the better part of three boxes of bullets doing it.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome- I know 1.5 moa groups are adequate for 99% of the shots I will take when hunting, but I would like better, particularly to eliminate the fliers, and I would like to use Partitions if I could get them to shoot better.

Thank you.

Todd, I'm assuming you are wanting to use these in your 30-06 fwt. Did you switch to a Mcmillan stock like you were wanting to do and was it glass bedded properly?? I easily get sub moa groups with my fwt 06 and it is damn near identical to your rifle. However, mine has been glass bedded, trigger adjusted to 2.5 pounds, and proper loads have been worked up. Can you give us a little more info on the rifles you are having problems with? Thanks..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA