Fred,

I've butted heads with Stick in the past and LOST every time.

It took a while for it to sink in my thick skull just how much he has shot over the last three decades. I asked a couple of people who are good friends of his about his shooting habits, and I came to the inescapable conclusion that he has shot close to, or more than, 1,000,000 rounds over the last 30 years. Look at that closely - one MILLION rounds.

After I realized that I stopped butting heads with him, shut up and have been taking notes ever since. His colorful use of the English language (Stickese) often takes some effort/concentration to get what he is really saying. However, once you learn to read his posts many of them have golden nuggets of information related to shooting. We don't have to make the same mistakes that plague many hunters/shooters - Stick has been there and done that, made the mistakes and corrected them; he then shares that information with the board. Yeah, he has his own dialect of the English language, yeah he's a little rough around the edges, but there's no reason to bow up, get all butt-hurt and try to argue with him.

You.will.not.win.

And you will have wasted your time; time that could have been spent reading his posts for the information within them and respectfully asking him a question. He has personally helped many people via the PM's.

He'll probably tell me to quit sucking his ass for posting this. That's OK...I have on my big-boy underwear...I can deal with it. And all the while I'll continue to read and take notes.