The Sound Down insulation used in marine engine rooms does work pretty well, also pretty expensive. I am planning to build a tire baffle on my property, partly because of neighbors fairly close, but mostly to reduce spooking the deer - more worried about bothering the game than the neighbors, some of whom shoot more than I do. Really looking at something to quiet down .44 mags and my .480 Ruger, more than the rifles. I have enough tires "saved", working on how/where to mount them. I do have some left over scrap Sound Down and other insulation I planned to add to the tires, and was thinking of removable end covers, maybe a covering tarp for rain "protection". Around here, those holes some guys suggest cutting for drains would be an invitation to wasps - although I guess the gunfire and powder residue might chase them away?

Since I got a game cam pic yesterday of a buck with emerging antlers that are already huge for my area, I guess I'll shoot hogs with my suppressed .44 until I get the other idea working, although if I don't scare him out of the country altogether he would probably settle down again by fall.