Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Still remember it like yesterday even though this season will mark 25 years for me.

Rifle was a Ruger boat paddle .270 Win with a Leupold vari-xII 3-9. It was my first rifle and i bought it with lawn mowing money.

Damn, I'll bet you miss the old boat paddle ruger don't you??

BSA I had one of those boat paddle rugers in a 280 Remington that thing would stack 140gr Remington cor lckts onto small groups like a real dumb ass traded it off.

Yep i do miss it. It shot super well with the 140 Partitions and was all i ever needed. Youth and money make dumb choices.

Replaced it with a blued 7mm-08 boat paddle i found at a small mom and pop shop about 7 years ago. It too shoots very well.

Sadly it too will be leaving my safe soon. A buddies 12yo son has used it the last 2 years for deer and elk with good success. He loves the rifle and has asked to buy it many times.

"Uncle" Matt is a softy and with his parents permission already received it will go to him in 3 weeks for his birthday. I don't have another 7-08 so i stuffed all 350rds of brass with 120 TTSX's that will go with it. The 3.5-10 VXIII will cost him a summer of weekly lawn mowings at my place. I said i was a softy, not dumb....

Hell its just a gun, he has history with it that i don't so it should be his.

Good man. You'll be starting that young man off right with a great rifle. Good on you!! I have 1 boat paddle Ruger m77 left, it's a 300 win mag that I gave to my dad. I know it's in safe hands, as he never shoots it and will never sell it. He's offered to give it back numerous times. I always tell him it kicks too damn hard. Maybe one of these days I'll turn it into a 338 grin laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA