Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
German Shepherd got me when I was around 12-13. I was helping a bud deliver papers so we could go fishing. Damn dog drug me off a porch by the leg.

8 or 9 whacks over the head with a 16 ounce R.C. Cola bottle stopped that blood line.

I like that.

When I was a kid, a little younger than you, we were playing baseball in the neighbor's yard. It was fenced all the way around except one small section. The house behind us had an aggressive dog. He would sit right by the open section...and wait for use to get close. He would then lunge forward and bit us. The dog was medium size and would get us in the thigh or buttocks. The city had a leash law which the owner obviously ignored.

Several of the players got snipped by the dog, but we avoided him as much as possible. Eventually a ball was hit close to the opening. I decided to try to retrieve it in a non treating manner. However, I unconsciously carried the bat with me.

The dog lunged forward at me. In that split second I realized I had the bat. I jumped back and thought, "does that dog know I have a bat?"

By this time the dog was well in our space, and again lunged viciously toward my thigh. I simply let the bat fall off my shoulder...onto its head. As Hank Jr. would say, "It was an attitude adjustment."

He rolled over a couple of times, pausing long enough to lie idle on his back for a couple seconds...and much to our surprise...afterward, became a perfect spectator.