Hope you heal fast! Here's my adventure. At the age of 7, while waiting in the neighbors back yard for the neighbor kid to finish his lunch and come out and play, not knowing any better, I kneeled down and started to pet their German Shepard. I can remember the dog starting to attack and then my memory goes blank until I reached the back door of our house and saw the first drop of blood hit my shoe and then hearing my mom and sisters scream at the sight of my bloody face and neck. Unfortunately for me they had just given that dog a nice piece of steak and it took exception to my proximity. The dog was on a fairly long leash attached to pole and thank heavens I somehow was able to get away. It went for my neck missing my jugular vein by a 1/4 inch or so, missing my voice box barely and ripping three gashes through my cheek and missing my left eye by a fraction. I'm sure it hurt, but I have no memory of that (adrenaline) other than while getting stiches, I do remember being scared for my life when I first got home as my mother was trying to slow down the bleeding. Took about 2 hours plus to get 65 stiches. I love dogs but I've been very cautious of them, especially German Shepherds ever since. This dog had already bitten 3 or 4 other kids before it got me. I saw and petted the dog regularly before the bite and figured we were buds. Guess not. The family didn't want to put it down, but my father "convinced" them to, and he would have taken care of it himself if they hadn't.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~