As I sit here at the computer, theres an old photograph (blown up and framed) of my Great Grandpa, Grandpa and 5 of his cousins, taken in the late '40s. It was taken up by Eagle River WI. They are kneeling in front of 7 big bucks on the meat pole in camp with their rifles. There are 3) 30-40 Krag "carbines", 2) Winchester 30-30 rifles and 2) Marlin 30-30 carbines. Other than my Grandpa who eventually bought a few more rifles of different calibers, all the other guys owned only one deer rifle, one .22lr and maybe one shotgun. The funny story with the photograph was some city guys from Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL were staying with a guide in tents also, about a 1/4mile away. It was state land and the guys with the guide hadn't seen a deer and my Grandpa's camp was tagged out. So the city guys were leaving and asked my Grandpa if they could take a picture of themselves in front of my Grandpas' camp deer and in return they would take and send pictures to my Grandpa and his relatives. So they said yes and a couple months later 7 color pictures showed up at my Grandpa's house. my Grandpa is 95 and in a nursing home/hospice now and still remembers that year at deer camp and the pictures and laughs, like its yesterday. It's crazy how times and perceptions have changed.

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan