Originally Posted by 3006Justin
I shot my first eight deer with my Grandpa's 30-30 Marlin. Then I bought a "real" rifle and developed a flinch that still rears its ugly head here and there. I picked up a brand new 30-30 winchester 94ae ranger when the New Haven plant shut down. I didn't use it much till 5 years ago. I had a peep sight mounted I picked up, shot it a little dropped a doe at 40yrds, missed a huge buck the year later. so, then i put the rifle away and didn't touch it till this year. Now I want to learn to shoot it because for the 2-200 yard shots I get in Northern MN/ Northern WI big woods hunting, it's truely perfect. Light, trim and plenty powerful and as an added bonus under $20/box to shoot. with the peep I keep shooting very high and a little right at 50 yards. I think it needs a taller front sight but open to suggestions. As a side note I hit the doe high and a little right, too. ;-)

Move the rear sight the direction you want the bullet to go, lower and left, in your case. You probably know that, but maybe it'll help someone else wink .
Depending on how high it's shooting, you probably DO need a new front sight, there's a formula for finding the difference, a google search can probably find it, and then you can order a sight pusher and new front sight from the vendor of your choice.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.