Originally Posted by JasonF
Try tuning the factory trigger first. The one on my 9.3 came up a treat with about 15 minutes work. I am going to get the factory handle straightened before leaping into an aftermarket one.

Factory trigger has a bit of creep. I did get it adjusted down, somewhat. Will still probably replace. I like the idea of straightening the factory bolt handle. But, would prefer to have some amount of checkering or knurling on the knob. Right now, I am into "easy/simple". If the person doing the work indicates easier to weld on the desired configuration, so be it.

Originally Posted by utah708
When you have the 3-position safety installed, make sure that the smith has the entire action and the trigger so that the timing is right.

Yep. Kinda figured that would be the case. First step is to get the fire control settled. Best if there is only "one chef in the kitchen".

From there will start thinking about barrel and stock. This will probably end up being another "stone soup" build. But, I am learning a little bit about Mausers along the way, so, figure it is worth it...