I switched away from them many years ago when a 150 grain 7 mag zipped through a doe at close range leaving no blood trail. Found her 2 weeks later and did not want that to happen again.

That started me into reloading and it has been well worth it so the crappy corelokt performance helped in the long run.

Chances are they will perform just fine on normal shots where you avoid big bones or slow them down enough for a follow up shot. For the guys who think they worked fine before the internet I'd say no we just didn't have the options we do now. Pay phones worked fine and so did 8 tracks but we don't see many of those anymore.

If you don't want to invest a coupe of hundred bucks in reloading equipment and supplies to have fun and save money at least pony up the $20 extra for s premium bullet for the 270. That $20 will be the cheapest hunt insurance you can buy. The bullet placement is certainly most important but why not shoot a great bullet instead of an OK one for the cost difference.

I'm using the Barnes TTSX these days after Accubond and Ballistic tips killed elk but didn't perform as well as I had hoped. Dead and in the freezer is hard to complain about but if you can get good penetration and expansion both why not? I dont want to pass a shot because the bullet isn't up to the task.