Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by mtmuley
Before the internet, the Core-Lokt bullets worked damn good. Guess we didn't know any better till guys with a keyboard saved us. Wait, they probly still do work well. mtmuley

Ain't that the truth.

Before the internet the Core-Lokt in the PSP configuration was a tougher bullet than it is today.

I think the internet got people to thinking and discussing. Me not being a fan of the pointed style, I looked through my spent bullet collection today and found a 175 grn pointed Core-Lokt I pulled from a bull elk. It was shot at 30 yards with a 7mm Magnum. The bullet smashed the spine and completely penetrated though and was found on the opposite side weighing 61 grains with the jacket and core still together. Stellar performance with such a close range hit on the toughest bone in an elk. Exactly opposite results I had decades later when I hit a small mule deer in the spine at 220 yards. Bullet disintegrated on the spine, and failed to break it. Recovered weight of the bullet fragments was 31 grn IIRC. Another example of, is it a good bullet or a bad bullet.