Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Much more than this.They we go after all war memorials and all this country has stood claiming we were wrong.They want to destroy this whole country claiming they are fixing it,making it better.(hope and change)
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as my black friend told me, the goal is to have not a single Confederate monument standing, within 5 years.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by byc
There are many flags and they all mean the right thing to the right people.

I graduated from Wade Hampton High School, which is already under attack. BUT I think the people of SC...black and white will say enough once the flag is removed from the grounds of the Capitol.

Again, I see more flags today than before all the mess started. Big ones flying from the back of pick-ups. Shoppers at Costco and Cabelas. Homes along Wade Hampton Boulevard. This could be the one that starts what we all talk about. It has surely backfired on this proud Southern state.

As for the American Indian of which I was born into. We want nothing from anyone. Just leave us alone!!! Cherokee Nation lives on. Unto These Hills!

I saw flags on WH Blvd and Rutherford road yesterday, and Jessie was in town to incite and stir the pot.
Move it if we must but leave the memorials alone, wouldn't be surprised if they change the name of WHHS and all other so called offensive items in our great state of SC. I hope they don't but don't be shocked Hoop.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Well, truthfully I'd probably support it, if it hit liberals the hardest. Keep them from moving into the rural zone to enjoy their retirement from the workplace and the start of their personal do-gooding campaigns.

My neighbor in the UP sits on a local board and whines constantly about transplanted tree huggers from Ann Arbor screwing things up...and he is a bleeding blue union democrat...:) One of them got on the board and suggested they turn down an inquiry from a small production plant that was promising local jobs--so that "more artists would move into town."

Defend the Constitution
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
There should be a moving tax of 300 k for any liberal Yankees moving to any of the southern states. These SOB's laugh at the south out of one side of their mouth and then go to it willingly to retire or for a fresh start. Make them pay for it

Yes, and those damned Yankees who move south spend their money and contribute to the economy of wherever they land. Most retired people don't get involved in local politics, so, on the balance, they add a lot more than they take. Most Yankees view themselves as Americans and are indifferent/disinterested in obsessing over a war that ended long before they, their parents, and their grandparents were born. The have no ill-will toward any southerner.

Ever been to Palm Coast Florida ? Its like living in NYC. More younger people are moving to Florida then Older in a lot of instances. WHat do they contribute to the economy ?

I don't believe that young northerners move to the south in great numbers, unless to attend college. Show me a reliable data source for your claim.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There should be a moving tax of 300 k for any liberal Yankees moving to any of the southern states. These SOB's laugh at the south out of one side of their mouth and then go to it willingly to retire or for a fresh start. Make them pay for it

Yes, and those damned Yankees who move south spend their money and contribute to the economy of wherever they land. Most retired people don't get involved in local politics, so, on the balance, they add a lot more than they take. Most Yankees view themselves as Americans and are indifferent/disinterested in obsessing over a war that ended long before they, their parents, and their grandparents were born. The have no ill-will toward any southerner.

Aren't you overdue for another stroke or something?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Aren't you overdue for another stroke or something?

Very nice, yet another personal attack.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Ever been to Palm Coast Florida ? Its like living in NYC. More younger people are moving to Florida then Older in a lot of instances. WHat do they contribute to the economy ?

I don't believe that young northerners move to the south in great numbers, unless to attend college. Show me a reliable data source for your claim.

news flash

I lived there for 10 years, I have family there I see trends . Did you live there or have family there ?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
FWIW, IME, retired liberals with means get involved in politics and in making sure everyone else adopts their life philosophy, by doing exactly what the government does--throw money around to buy consensus.

Defend the Constitution
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, I have never live in Florida, but your allegations are anecdotal, hearsay, without data to back them up. No more valid that the old "I know a guy whose brother's sister's hairdresser knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, etc.".

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

We don't hate Yankees because of the war. We hate you because you are you. You don't even realize how odious you are. The South was the first region of the world to have to deal with "The Ugly American".

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatever........

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No, I have never live in Florida, but your allegations are anecdotal, hearsay, without data to back them up. No more valid that the old "I know a guy whose brother's sister's hairdresser knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, etc.".

DId you read the link? Did you do any research ? Do you think Drs in Florida are in their 70's , do you think there are no manufacturing jobs in Florida, no service economy , no professional people?

Let's see data that supports your claim

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We don't hate Yankees because of the war. We hate you because you are you. You don't even realize how odious you are. The South was the first region of the world to have to deal with "The Ugly American".
Elitism at it's idiotic best and why lieberals have won.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RickyD

If I hear one more old fart from Iowa or Nebraska bitching about how backwards things are around here or how this or that wouldn't be tolerated "back home" I might go insane.

As a class, Yankees are despised because they are never satisfied. They've just got to relentlessly "improve" things whether the people already there want it or not.

And when their done, they've pretty much turned their new place into a version of the same old schithole they left before.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This thread has potential...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JoeBob

If I hear one more old fart from Iowa or Nebraska bitching about how backwards things are around here or how this or that wouldn't be tolerated "back home" I might go insane.

As a class, Yankees are despised because they are never satisfied. They've just got to relentlessly "improve" things whether the people already there want it or not.

And when their done, they've pretty much turned their new place into a version of the same old schithole they left before.

There are liberal Yankees and there are Conservative Yankees. I know that is hard to believe but that is the truth. I have zero stomach for a liberal Yankee

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The idiots pulling down a stature can't imagine that the man was a first a patriot with convictions or the concept of putting their state first.

The majority of the folks in the north minded their own damn business after the war and continue do so today.

The problem is exactly the same here today in the north as in the south--it has nothing to do with geography. No doubt it is a convenient basket to throw your bitches in--but it ain't the real problem and certainly not a solution.

Defend the Constitution
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

There are liberal Yankees and there are Conservative Yankees. I know that is hard to believe but that is the truth. I have zero stomach for a liberal Yankee

We hate Yankees as a class. There are individual instances of decent Yankees. But too many of them, regardless of their character is trouble. Even the conservative Yankee is different.

They start bitching about that trashy house down the road. They gripe about someone shooting guns too close to their houses. They wonder why someone doesn't do something about that crazy old black man who hangs bunches of bananas in his tree in the front yard and stands on the side of the road and waves his pecker at passing cars. And so on and so forth.

The average southern town was full of eccentricities and little nuances that most of them can't and don't desire to understand. I'll not deny that in some ways, their ways of doing things are superior. The appearance of the average small New England town is something to behold. There is order and things look nice. But that is great THERE. Let us backwards ass hicks alone. Stay up there in your beautiful little towns with their confiscatory tax rates and let us be.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Pure gold...aka Au

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that crazy old black man who hangs bunches of bananas in his tree in the front yard and stands on the side of the road and waves his pecker at passing cars.

We don't have one of these around here yet. May have to get after the county commissioners to get us one imported. grin

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,477
Posts18,529,614
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.