Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don't know that anything from the press is credible.

I don't know about this site, but they've got what appear to be .pdf files of his court documents from the bear deal.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/walte...-record-wisconsin-minnesota-dentist-dds/

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty much nails it, indeed.

They've already forgot about the Texas Veterinarian who stuck an arrow thru the neighbors tabby cat....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tabby should have stayed in his own yard.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

The confirmation that U.S. authorities want to speak with Palmer comes as several dozen House Democrats, calling Cecil’s death a “reminder of the perils the African lion faces,” are urging the Interior Department to quickly boost protections for the iconic species.

Great. It's unfortunate that these idiots don't have far more pressing needs on our turf.

Ain't that the damn truth!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
amazing to me how emotional and stupid so many folks are.

po Cecil (sorry poboy)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...he might get more media coverage than George Zimmerman

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by RobJordan
We can harvest for their monetary value, the body parts of innocent children, who experience horrific, agonizing pain as their little bodies are literally ripped asunder in- utero (with the cooperation of their own mothers) without so much as a peep of protest from the public (with the consent and blessing of the courts actually). Yet there is outrage when an old-aged animal is killed (which, in nature would die of disease, starvation or predation anyway). We have utterly lost any sense and perspective of what is right and what is wrong.

Jordan

try for a little more drama next time...my gawd

My Gawd indeed! The description of abortion I gave is precisely accurate for any fetus over 150 days old (and probably for those much younger). Yet there is nary a peep of protest from the very people who are up in arms over the killing of an animal by a licensed hunter who had no idea his guides had lured it off a reservation.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some more reading on the subject for you guys:
[bleep] Dentist, Conservationist

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lion murderer Walt Palmer is an [bleep]. But, he’s also an [bleep] who’s contributed more money to animal conservation in Africa than pretty much anyone else. In fact, trophy hunters like him are a large part of the reason we still have animals like lions at all.

Maybe a side effect is that this side of the argument will get out.

In the meantime its pure politics.

Coming up to an election year the Libs want ANYTHING that can make the political Right look bad. Now we are all painted as unethical torturers who inflict horrible pain on beautiful wild animals so as to get our rocks off.

ANYTHING that can oblige Conservatives to tear each other down. Already worked in spades with the Confederate flag. Support that flag being flown and you're painted as a "racist", support it being taken down if it offends enough folks and half of Conservatives wont vote for you.

Look for this lion issue to be drug out as long as they can. The Dentist WILL be charged, with something, just so they can bring him to trial. Next year.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm telling you he will be charged with a Lacey Act violation and broken by the Feds.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I'm telling you he will be charged with a Lacey Act violation and broken by the Feds.
You are probably right. They don't GAF either. It's just the latest distraction from the debt, deficit, lack of jobs, traitor in the Whitehouse, liars in the Senate, etc. More people are worried about Cecil than Ambassador Stevens.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not Clinton fan, but charges were proffered and millions of dollars spent trying to impeach him over an inconsequential lie told in response to something that was not Congress' business in the first place. McConnell lies about consequential things in response to things that are everybody's business and the GOP defends him with all their might.

Did Cecil get eaten too?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm fully betting that "our" government will enact an importation ban on African Lions, if not ALL big cats into the U.S, in an effort to appease the angry mob.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I'm fully betting that "our" government will enact an importation ban on African Lions, if not ALL big cats into the U.S, in an effort to appease the angry mob.

Yep. This almost guarantees the USFWS to declare the African lion "threatened", thereby shutting down the legal importation of any lion parts from any hunts at all.

Poaching will, of course, go through the roof then.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yep. The only way to really protect the African animals is if they have value associated with them. People spending big money to hunt them gives them this value, without it they're screwed.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The gullible public, brainwashed for generations by Disney animal characters, talking and acting human, identify wildlife in that light. Cecil was people more than lion, a wicked hunter killing him was nothing less than cold blooded murder.

They have no concept of range capacity, population dynamics and true wildlife conservation.

Evidently this dentist has some compulsion for pushing the envelope. I say that because it's reported he had other game hunting issues.

Seems he was promised the hunt he was seeking and went with these guys, who took steps to produce a trophy without regard for rules and regs. A compulsive type will cut corners and seek those who think like he does.

The dentist may be an innocent victim, but I doubt it. He went with those who would produce what he wanted, no questions asked. But, I don't want to judge the doctor, just guessing until we know more.

I have a good friend who is a compulsive hunter (also a doctor), who went to Africa to kill an elephant with a spear. He had a special spear made, a take down type that would deliver curare. He wounded an elephant and the PH had to finish the animal with a .470 NE.

This guy got into a Lacy Act Federal prosecution because there is no spear season for elephants. The PH got in big trouble with his local government, seems he was fined and lost his license. My friend professionally videoed the hunt, his CD becoming prime evidence in Fed Court. His defense that the .470 NE actually killed the animal didn't hold water. He got zapped, lost his U.S. hunting license for 3 yrs. and paid a hefty fine plus big legal bills.

I see similarities between these two.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FYI - the antis and the global propaganda ministry are already turning their attention to other American hunters; Kendall Jones is in the crosshairs (again).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was contacted a couple of days ago by a well-known reporter/writer who asked me to comment on the killing of the lion people in Zimbabwe named Cecil. I declined because, like most people, I know only what I've read in the media -- not what actually took place -- and I have not followed the story closely enough to be able to make an informed opinion.

I'm glad I declined to comment because I just checked the story and the writer editorialized on one comment to make it look more one-sided than it was. Another commenter made a statement that he can't possibly know to be true. A third point was made purely on the basis of "reports" that were not more than rumor. The article could have been worse, but I'm glad I didn't comment and get my name mixed up with that.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 44mc, 35, 20 invisible), 1,829 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,975
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.