Hop To
Page 5 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 48 49
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Snyper
It all this has 'always been', don't you genius evolutionists have to believe a superior being would have 'evolved' in all these trillions of years?

If it was "created" why are things still so screwed up?

You're just one more example of a "Christian" trying to claim your beliefs are superior, and anyone who doesn't agree isn't as smart as you.

Thanks for proving the OP's point

Screwed up?

There's nothing illegal going on here.

Over a billion people on this planet attempting to live on less then a dollar a day....You don't think that's screwed up??

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RWE
It all this has 'always been', don't you genius evolutionists have to believe a superior being would have 'evolved' in all these trillions of years?

You're just one more example of a "Christian" trying to claim your beliefs are superior, and anyone who doesn't agree isn't as smart as you.

Screwed up?

Over a billion people on this planet attempting to live on less then a dollar a day....You don't think that's screwed up??

screwed up with people I suppose. We should be helping folks more.

Maybe if everyone believed...

Oops, see, another circular argument coming...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kevinJ
There is nothing wrong with questioning anything in this world for intellectual debate, as long as both sides remain open to admit error, or learn/accept new concepts. When a debate is started for the sole purpose of discussing a concept in which neither side will do the above it is called a argument. I see no true purpose in this discussion other than to argue. Their is just as much proof of God as there are aliens, and evolution. So neither side is at a advantage here in this argument.

I believe that their is a God. Not because I was raised Christian, although I was. I personally have sought knowledge and answers. I at one point classified myself as agnostic. I also believe in evolution, just not that we evolved from single cell life forms in a pool of bio matter. We as humans will never fully/truly understand the universe we live in, so we should remain open minded to many new things in this life

What do you think we evolved from, and what's your evidence?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
There is evidence for one of those theories

The science community always has it all figured out, eh?

No one has claimed they get everything right the first time, except the "religious".
There are more people in the world who are not "Christians" than those that are, so it seems arrogant to think they are all wrong and you are correct.

You are free to believe anything you like, but that doesn't mean it's real

Matthew 7:13-14New International Version (NIV)

The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Is that supposed to be proof of something, other than Christians think their way is the only way?

Other religions think the same thing too

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The poor will be with you always.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

besides, you assume a quality of life based on money. Maybe its not about money, as opposed to faith?

Then what?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
according to a small but growing subset of the world, we all may have been misled from the start.

evidence is beginning to point the establishment of humans by a extraterrestrial input. thereby what the old people thought of as "Gods" were their extraterrestrial Creators.

not everyone accepts this new thought. and not everyone has to accept it.

What you are referring to is the hypothesis of Panspermia, which does not require intelligent alien actors.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

Screwed up?

Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

Screwed up?

Just what is it they can "believe" that will actually change reality?
Be specific

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[Linked Image]

Your magic being doesn't solve anything, since you never explain his origins, nor provided any evidence for his existence.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reality that life on Earth sucks? is that what you are trying to get at?

sucks, for lack of a better term, is subjective.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As for your comments on infinity, the Universe has not existed for an infinite amount of time, but a finite 13.8 billion years. In addition, the universe is expanding, so it's finite in size. The total energy of the universe also continues to decrease as we move toward "heat death", so again, we will not have equal conditions for an infinite amount of time, so your whole infinity argument is void.

I find it interesting how you propose that God, your idea of the most complex intelligence in the universe could have EVOLVED, but we are so complex that we could not have evolved? This is a simple case of "special pleading".

I did not propose that at all (concerning God), but nice try.

What existed before that 13.8 billion years? And, what exists at the boundary of it all, given it's finite?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

[Linked Image]

No Scientist has ever asserted that science has always had it all figured out.

If you take a look at your chart on the atomic timeline, you will notice all that progress was made by scientist, and there was no contribution made by religion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You must whole-heartedly support man-made global warming models.

Has science been politicized at all these last 50 years?

[Linked Image]

No Scientist has ever asserted that science has always had it all figured out.

If you take a look at your chart on the atomic timeline, you will notice all that progress was made by scientist, and there was no contribution made by religion.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by MojoHand

I can count on one hand (with leftovers) the Christians who have the moral, intellectual and spiritual honesty to say, "I choose to believe this not because of facts or proof but because I want to'. And, again, let me stress...that's ok. However, it leads to at least two questions for me..

One, because it is a matter of pure 'faith' (belief without or in the face of facts) how do you regard your version as any better or 'truer' than another's?

Two, (and this is the big, important one for me) how does your 'faith' then make you a better person? Because most Religious people I've met end up using their beliefs to judge others and make themselves feel superior--sometimes 'innocently' and often maliciously.

In the end, both atheists and Christians have the same evidence for God/gods...none. The Christian chooses to believe anyway and tries to convince you it's fact. The atheists chooses no belief and doesn't try to convince you of anything.

Who's more honest?"

I will be honest with you. I believe in God and Jesus Christ, the Son OF God. Why, because I want to, I made that choice myself without any need for proof. In fact I will go on record as saying not only is their no proof but it may even be a sin to try to find a proof. I believe because I believe and that's all I need.

Just out of curiosity, which finger am I? I won't be upset if you say the middle. grin

Scott, per usual, you provide a straight forward honest answer.

As for the question, is it a sin to seek proof, many belief the search is justified by 1st Peter 3:15, which I will paraphrase for you:

...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you...

Technically, you met your requirement by stating the hope in you is from Faith alone, but others may feed the need to present a logical argument to the logical minded.

You make a good point. Perhaps I should have said I think it might be a sin for a Christian to seek proof. Christianity is one hundred percent faith based. Through faith in Christ I am saved. Without faith what does a Christian have?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Following Christ does not mean following His followers, many who come across as judgmental, quarrelsome, disingenuous, hostile, and moralistic superiors who seem to think they are the only ones going to heaven and also seem to relish the fact that everyone else is going to hell. Some folks don't wanna belong to 'that' group. And although they remain committed to Christ, and their faith in Christ remains central to their lives, and they continue to believe in a loving God who created the universe... they choose to step away from the words 'Christian' and 'Christianity'. With good reason. Christ is infinitely more important than either of those two words."

That's a little gem of wisdom, right there.

Might be a pearl.

I read one time about how you ought to be careful where you cast them.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
A skeptic would just admit, "I don't know". This may be the most honest position a person could take.
That presumes you know all that is possible. That's impossible. wink

That's just silly.

Stating "I don't know", does not in anyway imply the individual believes they know all possibilities. If anything, it's a statement to the contrary, because obviously they don't know the possibility that lead to the statement.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
People often look for evidence (or lack of it) that supports what they already believe...and they filter out anything to the contrary.

That is called a confirmation bias, and it can happen in any subject.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Shodd

I will be honest with you. I believe in God and Jesus Christ, the Son OF God. Why, because I want to, I made that choice myself without any need for proof. In fact I will go on record as saying not only is their no proof but it may even be a sin to try to find a proof. I believe because I believe and that's all I need.

Just out of curiosity, which finger am I? I won't be upset if you say the middle. grin [/quote]

I find it interesting that you believe there is no proof.

What about fulfilled Bible prophesy that has all come true? For instance the prophesy of the destruction of Babylon and the bibles claim that it would never be inhabited again. One can go to Irac and see for yourself the ancient ruins and that the city has never been inhabited again though rebuilding has been tried by several and failed.

What about Isaiah's claim that the earth is round and hanging apon nothing thousands of years before the popular belief was that the world is not flat?

Why is it the year 2015?

Why is the bible the one book that has been sought to be destroyed by governments all over the world yet for some reason is the most widely distributed book in history today?

We humans ourselves are absolute proof that intelligent life is in fact a reality unless of course we are imagining all of this.

We are absolute proof of the fact that other intelligent life is a possibity and therefore cannot intelligently dismiss the possibility of intelligent entities elsewhere such as God.

If God is in fact the most intelligent being in the universe than the bible that is claimed to be inspired by God should contain wisdom that is far beyond any other book one could attain.

If God does exist and one reads the bible and finds it ignorant it would speak volumes about ones lack of intellect.

There is a very wise saying in Proverbs that says......it is foolishness on one part to make a conclusion on a matter before hearing all of the matter.

As far as your question about whether or not Christians are dishonest. If someone one is dishonest that person is not a Christian.

The bible states.......Liars will not inherit the kingdom.

2 Timothy 3 1-5 gives examples of false Christian during the last days. It says.......many will have a FORM of Godly devotion but will prove false to its power. From these ones stay away!!!

Perhaps these are the dishonest ones you might be referring too.

Shod

[/quote]

My proof comes through faith. My experiences in my faith through things like miracles along with the everyday wonder of life and nature are proof to me but I cannot prove that to someone else. The kind of proof that is being asked about in the OP only comes through faith.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by antlers
Some Atheists seem to be just as passionate about their Atheistic beliefs as others are about their Christian beliefs. They zealously defend their Atheistic beliefs, as others zealously defend their Christian beliefs. Christians cannot prove God's existence, and Atheists cannot dis-prove God's existence.

I think in many instances it's not being passionate about being an atheist, it's being tired of being told who/what/when/where by Christians.

As a Christian I confess I am tired of the same things from Christians who think I an not as Christian as they are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Not believing this was "created" does not require any faith, because we have the evidence. Faith is a belief held despite a lack of evidence, or despite good evidence to the contrary. The scientific evidence for the Big Bang and Evolution are not in any way faith based.

As for your comments on infinity, the Universe has not existed for an infinite amount of time, but a finite 13.8 billion years. In addition, the universe is expanding, so it's finite in size. The total energy of the universe also continues to decrease as we move toward "heat death", so again, we will not have equal conditions for an infinite amount of time, so your whole infinity argument is void."

When I read comments like the above, I think to myself:

My friend, A.S. is awfully smart. But ain't no way in hell he figured all that out by himself.

Other guys must have come up with these ideas, and A.S. believes they offer an explanation for things he can't "see" personally.

I reckon it brings him a measure of comfort to believe that SOMEBODY has the answers, so he puts his faith in THEM... the scientists.

Not much different from "believers" who have never had a personal experience with the "risen Jesus", but place their bets on the bible, or, the church.

So....... that leaves a blessed few who just KNOW.

And they know that their kind of knowledge can't be transmitted from one human to another.

Rather than feeling superior, they just feel BLESSED.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 5 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 44 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,336
Posts18,506,137
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.