Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jimy sounds like a wannabe very important person who had a cop fart in his Wheaties at an influential time in his life.

For the record, the video you're seeing was sold for a profit by the dude with the cell phone, so it's now public. The second video was turned over to the police to release as they see fit.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by jimy
Because thats how its done? Really!

That's why the big trust issue keeps coming up, there is no reason as to not end the speculation now, unless there is some thing not to be shown.

Are you a girl ?

if not,....

You strike me as the type of cat (puzzy) that would complain about your ice cream being too goddam cold.

WTF do you LIVE, anyway ?

GTC

My hats off to you Greg,

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Cops don't normally tell somebody to put their hands up, contrary to what TV says. If this guy had a weapon, or was reasonably believed to have one, and moved in the slightest way, he needed shooting.

That's ridiculous. If you can't determine whether or not he was armed at 20 ft, you need to be in the Helen Keller Institute.

Chinese throwing stars would have posed a bigger threat than a knife at that distance.

The scared or panic stricken don't need to wear a badge...or this happens.

They better pray he was holding a grenade or they're toast.

I have news for you. If you have just cut somebody up and are standing 20' away from a cop with a knife...you better not twitch, 'cause killing you will be justified.

Likewise, hereabouts.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Justified does not make it right. Just makes it legal...

Y'all have no idea about the hole you're digging in the eyes of average joes who are supportive of law enforcement but don't like justification of abuse.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Okanagan

Y'all have no idea about the hole you're digging in the eyes of average joes who are supportive of law enforcement but don't like justification of abuse.

Where do I start with that gem? Average Joes, the hole I'm digging or "justification of abuse"?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Let me see if I get this right.

If I don't attack a woman with a knife, fight the cops, brush off getting tasered and still have a knife, then my odds of not being shot increase exponentially?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead

If I don't attack a woman with a knife, fight the cops, brush off getting tasered and still have a knife, then my odds of not being shot increase exponentially?

As is so often said here on the Campfire:

SPOT ON.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems reasonable to me, but apparently not to the average Joe. Nice to know I ain't average!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I can't help that the average Joe thinks that he'd do it differently. I'm not trying to be mean, hateful or overly aggressive. I'm just reflecting years of training and experience.

If Joe wants to come do this job, and get his ass cut or stabbed, I'll be happy to go back into retirement and make room for the guy who thinks he can re-invent the wheel.

One other thing that the average Joe doesn't know. Not counting any other officer I have worked with over the past 22 years, I can say with complete honesty that I cannot count the people that I was justified in shooting, but did not. I've used pepper spray, maglites, kitchen chairs and my fists. I've begged, pleaded and prayed to keep from shooting folks. I've only had to shoot one.

I will, however, repeat the statement made by Pat, which I echoed. If you assault your wife with a knife. Endanger a kid with same, refuse to drop said knife when I tell you to do so at gun point and then do any little thing I believe to be an act of aggression, I will shoot you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
If you assault your wife with a knife. Endanger a kid with same, refuse to drop said knife when I tell you to do so at gun point and then do any little thing I believe to be an act of aggression, I will shoot you.

Absolutely no offense to Okanagan because I think he's a pretty good dude, but if a person doesn't agree with the above statement, which directly reflects the now known facts of this situation, that person needs their head and/or balls examined for deficiencies.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I can't help that the average Joe thinks that he'd do it differently. I'm not trying to be mean, hateful or overly aggressive. I'm just reflecting years of training and experience.

If Joe wants to come do this job, and get his ass cut or stabbed, I'll be happy to go back into retirement and make room for the guy who thinks he can re-invent the wheel.

One other thing that the average Joe doesn't know. Not counting any other officer I have worked with over the past 22 years, I can say with complete honesty that I cannot count the people that I was justified in shooting, but did not. I've used pepper spray, maglites, kitchen chairs and my fists. I've begged, pleaded and prayed to keep from shooting folks. I've only had to shoot one.

I will, however, repeat the statement made by Pat, which I echoed. If you assault your wife with a knife. Endanger a kid with same, refuse to drop said knife when I tell you to do so at gun point and then do any little thing I believe to be an act of aggression, I will shoot you.

I think those average Joe's he speaks of should go down and sign up for a ride along on a C line tour on a Friday night

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems reasonable to me, but apparently not to the average Joe. Nice to know I ain't average!

You ain't, but the "average Joes" I know would just shoot the guy for what he did before they got there. That's why they ain't cops.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 4ager
If you assault your wife with a knife. Endanger a kid with same, refuse to drop said knife when I tell you to do so at gun point and then do any little thing I believe to be an act of aggression, I will shoot you.

Absolutely no offense to Okanagan because I think he's a pretty good dude, but if a person doesn't agree with the above statement, which directly reflects the now known facts of this situation, that person needs their head and/or balls examined for deficiencies.

And I should add that I absolutely meant no offense to Okanagan. I have found him to be a gentleman here on the fire and I'd be happy to shake his hand at a campfire meet.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I think those average Joe's he speaks of should go down and sign up for a ride along on a C line tour on a Friday night

Without a doubt, there are a great many good people in this country who have ideas of fairness and goodness they learned from Sunday School, their parents, The Lone Ranger and John Wayne. I do not mock them in the least. I honestly wish our Country could return to those ideals.

Until it does so, however, we are left to put ourselves between those who would prey on our children, our elderly and those who cannot protect themselves.

I still believe, all these years later, that this is a fight worth fighting, and that if we do it right, we can go back to being the police from Mayberry.

If we do not gain control, however, it cannot be done. Andy Taylor didn't carry a gun because he did not have to. The citizens of Mayberry respected him. Even those who passed through, respected the law enough to leave when he indicated it was in their best interest.

All I know is that we cannot win by knuckling under to the wolves.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can't even imagine what cops have to go through today.

Hell, the grief I received from some parents whilst driving a bus was comical. Somehow one is supposed to drive a 15 ton vehicle, SAFELY, with kids from ages 4-18 all the time watching the children's EVERY move.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somehow one is supposed to drive a 15 ton vehicle, SAFELY, with kids from ages 4-18 all the time watching the children's EVERY move.

It's pretty much the same thing.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lots and lots of people wanting to second guess and pick apart every decision made by police.

The unfortunate by product will be police who avoid actually doing the job. The folks who suffer the most will be the good people in the crap neighborhoods who have no one to control the a-holes because the police are afraid to be the police.

There is a saying, "We get the government we deserve," some will get the police response they deserve.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G

As is so often said here on the Campfire:

SPOT ON.

Yes, reminds me how many times my mother and wife have been cuffed, tazed, dog bit and throw belly first in a muddy roadside ditch.

UHHHH, guess that would be 0, hmmmmm, wonder if it's because they follow the law? crazy

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Here's a quiz, which of the following would you consider the most dangerous:

1) Being pulled over 10 times by police in a year

2) Walking, alone, unarmed through downtown Detroit at midnight.

GO

Edit to add: Curdog's response doesn't count

Last edited by Steelhead; 09/02/15.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'll take door #2 FTW Alex. grin

Trump Won!
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,551
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.