[Linked Image]

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Somehow one is supposed to drive a 15 ton vehicle, SAFELY, with kids from ages 4-18 all the time watching the children's EVERY move.

It's pretty much the same thing.

Well good, because I keep having to refrain from saying how much these situations remind me of incidents in school.

Not that we've had kids running around stabbing people but stuff happens, and could happen any time. Not every week, but a few incidents every school year.

What you have is situations where you're trying to get agitated, violent people to desist and comply.

That guy to me was acting so far off his rocker that I believe the Cops showed admirable restraint in not shooting him sooner.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Here's a quiz, which of the following would you consider the most dangerous:

1) Being pulled over 10 times by police in a year

2) Walking, alone, unarmed through downtown Detroit at midnight.

GO

Edit to add: Curdog's response doesn't count

That's funny [bleep] there !!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so,....

Is there a "Shrine" set up where he fell, yet,...stuffed toys, plastic flowers, votive candles, etc ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You guys ain't got a fuggin clue!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Cops don't normally tell somebody to put their hands up, contrary to what TV says. If this guy had a weapon, or was reasonably believed to have one, and moved in the slightest way, he needed shooting.

That's ridiculous. If you can't determine whether or not he was armed at 20 ft, you need to be in the Helen Keller Institute.

Chinese throwing stars would have posed a bigger threat than a knife at that distance.

The scared or panic stricken don't need to wear a badge...or this happens.

They better pray he was holding a grenade or they're toast.

I have news for you. If you have just cut somebody up and are standing 20' away from a cop with a knife...you better not twitch, 'cause killing you will be justified.

20 feet is about a second and a half sprint.

By the looks of the deceased (while still alive), he appears to be an outlier...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
IMHO, those describing the perp as sluggish seemingly ain't watched the video. Lotta fat guys like that down here, the fact that hog lard is the #1 ingredient in most all Tex-Mex being a likely contributing factor.

Its also come out in the news today also that the perp had just previous to the filmed sequence attacked one of the responding deputies with the knife but had been blocked by a shield device the deputy had. To the point that bystanders were wondering why they had not shot the perp sooner.

IIRC the perp had prior arrests for assault including on a campus police officer.

Seems like the two deputies will rightfully receive a pass on this one, sounds to me like they might even deserve a commendation.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
whar ya goin wit that knife Leroy?

"headed to a gunfight"

sheeeitt (best Bristoe imitiation I can muster)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
so,....

Is there a "Shrine" set up where he fell, yet,...stuffed toys, plastic flowers, votive candles, etc ?

GTC

Greg, I'm a lil tight this month, could you send some toy candles in my name? thanks in advance grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
so,....

GTC

Greg, I'm a lil tight this month, could you send some toy candles in my name? thanks in advance grin

PM Jimy, he's handling the Shrine donations, and organizing a series of memorial car-washes.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think I will wait for all the facts to come out before I jump on a wagon. Not some rat cell phone video.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by blanket
I think I will wait for all the facts to come out before I jump on a wagon. Not some rat cell phone video.
Not seeing a lot of what you call "jumping on a wagon" in this thread. As for myself, I merely stated that, based on what appears to have transpired on that video clip, a charge of murder didn't seem inappropriate. That doesn't mean I'm ready to lynch the officers. All it means is that it seems to merit such a charge being presented to a grand jury, followed by a trial by jury, should the grand jury so decide. Even assuming a knife in the hand, and threatening words (as some have suggested occurred), given the apparent absence of any sort of aggressive move on the part of the deceased immediately preceding the shooting, that would seem, at minimum, appropriate.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All homicides are presented to a Grand Jury in the State of Texas.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Update:

Hawkeye's volunteered to handle the cookies,cupcakes, and
soft drinks for the nightly shrine memorial gatherings.

Thx Hawk !

GTC

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
All homicides are presented to a Grand Jury in the State of Texas.
Then there you have it. In the mean time, folks here have been discussing what appears to have transpired in the video clip. I'm not seeing anyone ready to lynch anyone, which one would assume has been the case based on the reactions of some in the police contingent here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bluedreaux is as confused as ever, so nothing has changed there...I can see where reading aloud is a benefit to him.

There are a lot of unanswered questions and if this was so cut & dried like many here are espousing, why are other police officers troubled by the video?

Did they have a legal right to shoot to kill him? Maybe. That doesn't make it any less irresponsible- I'm still waiting for the answer as to why they acted when they did...

The video clearly shows he wasn't attempting to approach them. He was standing there holding up his hands.

WE don't know what was being said and will now get only one side of that story. He must have been really good at telling scary tales, because his body language at the time of the shooting doesn't indicate he posed an immediate threat to those officers or anyone else.

I like cops. I really like responsible ones.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did we ever get to see the 2nd video?

I guess some folks won't think justified till they been there/done that.

[Linked Image]

That's my gun hand.

20 feet goes by faster than the 1st time you had sex.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cv540
[Linked Image]

How the fugk do black cowboys end up in Milwaukee?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm still waiting for the answer as to why they acted when they did...

Then shoot an e-mail to the people that shot him.

Because nobody here can answer it.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bluedreaux is as confused as ever, so nothing has changed there...I can see where reading aloud is a benefit to him.

There are a lot of unanswered questions and if this was so cut & dried like many here are espousing, why are other police officers troubled by the video?

Did they have a legal right to shoot to kill him? Maybe. That doesn't make it any less irresponsible- I'm still waiting for the answer as to why they acted when they did...

The video clearly shows he wasn't attempting to approach them. He was standing there holding up his hands.

WE don't know what was being said and will now get only one side of that story. He must have been really good at telling scary tales, because his body language at the time of the shooting doesn't indicate he posed an immediate threat to those officers or anyone else.

I like cops. I really like responsible ones.

So given the above mentioned statement from a witness that he had already attacked one of the deputies with a knife. How would you, in all of your vast law enforcement training handled the situation given what we know that

* Tasers had been used and were ineffective

* he had already attacked one officer with a knife

* already assaulted the mother of his child, which was the catalyst for the police responding

* it is the accepted standard that anyone within 21 feet of you armed with a knife is a legitimate lethal threat to you

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 280Ackleyrized, 29aholic, 59 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,270
Posts18,504,984
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.