Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by cv540
[Linked Image]

How the fugk do black cowboys end up in Milwaukee?

Travis

By driving through Chicago

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
not enough in video for me also dude just cut up a women with an infant present .that kind of action can not come out good for him .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Bluedreaux is as confused as ever, so nothing has changed there...I can see where reading aloud is a benefit to him.

There are a lot of unanswered questions and if this was so cut & dried like many here are espousing, why are other police officers troubled by the video?

Did they have a legal right to shoot to kill him? Maybe. That doesn't make it any less irresponsible- I'm still waiting for the answer as to why they acted when they did...

The video clearly shows he wasn't attempting to approach them. He was standing there holding up his hands.

WE don't know what was being said and will now get only one side of that story. He must have been really good at telling scary tales, because his body language at the time of the shooting doesn't indicate he posed an immediate threat to those officers or anyone else.

I like cops. I really like responsible ones.

Or to paraphrase: "I don't have a fugging clue about what really happened but I know it ain't right because I watched a cell phone video taken from 200 yards away."

You're a walking Einstein, dude. smirk

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

They are saying that people are analyzing the 2nd video to determine if he had a knife and if he was getting froggy when he got shot.

Sadly, the 24 hour campfire could have done that a whole lot quicker.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12

* it is the accepted standard that anyone within 21 feet of you armed with a knife is a legitimate lethal threat to you

While that is indeed tactical wisdom well worth knowing, it's not a legal principle. What the law demands is some sort of action by said armed man, immediately preceding the lethal force self-defense/defense-of-others, that would indicate to a reasonable man that violence of a sort that could cause serious harm or death, is imminent. No such action is visible on the clip. Previous actions don't cut it, even if they might lower the bar for what a reasonable man would classify as an imminently threatening action.

I know all these laws relating to lethal force justification make a policeman's job more difficult and dangerous, but that's the price we pay for living in a society where the police aren't a law unto themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, if you were to slash the throat of a woman and cut up an infant then stand between me and those severely injured folks so I cannot bring them aid, after 1 try with the taser, you are a dead man. You no longer matter. I don't g.a.f what the world thinks then, the innocent injured will be given aid. You will be given a funeral.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Totality of circumstances.

That's what will be reviewed.

Same as every other use of force incident.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

That's what will be reviewed.

Same as every other use of force incident.

Travis
Quite appropriate, so long as it's not a strictly internal investigation, i.e., so long as the fix isn't in. I'm guessing there will be a grand jury murder charge on this one, though. Just too over the line for them to get away with a fix.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
At least they went to the right house and a dog wasn't shot.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think that it's time to cut down all these fargin' power poles, so we can see what's going on when delivery drivers with cheap cell phones become THE deterministic force in the evaluation of an incident of this sort.

Maybe we need a law requiring delivery drivers to take a course or two in cinematography, and on scene reporting.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
apparently, the problem is Øbamaphone.

can't shoot enough frames or sufficient resolution.

I think we need to pay more taxes so the people with free phones can have better instruments to record the po po.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Bluedreaux is as confused as ever, so nothing has changed there...I can see where reading aloud is a benefit to him.

There are a lot of unanswered questions and if this was so cut & dried like many here are espousing, why are other police officers troubled by the video?

Did they have a legal right to shoot to kill him? Maybe. That doesn't make it any less irresponsible- I'm still waiting for the answer as to why they acted when they did...

The video clearly shows he wasn't attempting to approach them. He was standing there holding up his hands.

WE don't know what was being said and will now get only one side of that story. He must have been really good at telling scary tales, because his body language at the time of the shooting doesn't indicate he posed an immediate threat to those officers or anyone else.

I like cops. I really like responsible ones.

Or to paraphrase: "I don't have a fugging clue about what really happened but I know it ain't right because I watched a cell phone video taken from 200 yards away."

You're a walking Einstein, dude. smirk

Nothing of substance to add. Unable to comprehend or refute what is clearly visible to everyone = stupid response.

Bet that tiny nerve bundle of yours was working in overdrive to crank out that penetrating reply. Laffin.

I think you take the Einstein title by 4 lengths.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cv540
[Linked Image]

How the fugk do black cowboys end up in Milwaukee?

Travis

Greyhound....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Looks pretty bad on the face of it from the video. If he did just cut up a woman and a kid, I could GAF if they shot him or not.

It'll go to a GJ and the cops will have to answer some questions. Life goes on (except for the dead guy......his kinda stopped on the sidewalk).

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Well, if you were to slash the throat of a woman and cut up an infant then stand between me and those severely injured folks so I cannot bring them aid, after 1 try with the taser, you are a dead man. You no longer matter. I don't g.a.f what the world thinks then, the innocent injured will be given aid. You will be given a funeral.

has been a very good life for me, not having had to resort to violence very often to protect my loved ones.

when the SHTF you don't always get to pick who's got your back.

but the words of this jabroni I've quoted above are what I'm looking for.

if it's my wife and child or daughter and grand daughter that have been injured and there's a knife wielding moron that won't get outa the way to provide potential life saving treatment to them, I want him outa the way PRONTO.

if those are my loved ones, the only confusion for me is why didn't you azzholes shoot him sooner?

sadly it's how we've been conditioned to think far too often, "oh the poor perp, F the folks he's harmed"

Well said friend Jim, well said indeed for my tastes

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

* it is the accepted standard that anyone within 21 feet of you armed with a knife is a legitimate lethal threat to you

While that is indeed tactical wisdom well worth knowing, it's not a legal principle. What the law demands is some sort of action by said armed man, immediately preceding the lethal force self-defense/defense-of-others, that would indicate to a reasonable man that violence of a sort that could cause serious harm or death, is imminent. No such action is visible on the clip. Previous actions don't cut it, even if they might lower the bar for what a reasonable man would classify as an imminently threatening action.

I know all these laws relating to lethal force justification make a policeman's job more difficult and dangerous, but that's the price we pay for living in a society where the police aren't a law unto themselves.

It isn't just tactical wisdom. There is legal precedent behind it

It has been and will be an accepted standard

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If he wasn't acting threateningly why did they suddenly retreat right before shooting?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he wasn't acting threateningly why did they suddenly retreat right before shooting?

to avoid blood splatter.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Always and forever.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (320090T, 163bc, 10Glocks, 3333vl, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,939
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.