Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe

Notice that I am polite and respectful in my responses. I don't respond to rules violators.

What a sad day for America;

I had higher expectations for my fellow gun enthusiasts but instead I find a plethora of Bimbos - pseudo phony lamentably incompetent. Just disgracefully incompetent border line morons.

Fortunately the vast majority, I estimate over 90%, that post here are very experienced, very competent really Good Guys that I respect and appreciate .

That 10% of pathetic , dysfunctional, squirrels, vicious, poopy mouth, insulting aggressive, trouble maker bully's come with the baggage along with their gang bang mindless followers.

So long as we recognize these destructive elements as fool and mentally disorientated I don't propose any action.

So one of you is "polite & respectful" , the other one of you not so much.

Which one of you will post next ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by reelman
I see pictures all the time with the serial number blocked out or people putting XXX at the end so as to not say it's actual serial number. Why? Are people that paranoid that the government is going to track down their guns?

The s/n is personal information for the seller to maintain. You are buying the firearm based on your needs and what you consider a fair price. It is immaterial as to what the serial number is. In the event of some pertinent date or historical significance, only a partial number is needed.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Can you, respectfully, get your head out of your bung hole long enough to read the form?

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Where I hell is the spot on the form that you refer to?

Maybe the Guys that own arms without serial numbers will be interested it the ATT form clause - 10 years in prison and $250,000 fine.

The guy you're talking to has done a few thousand 4473s, shut up while you're ahead.

He's been behind the whole time

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BullShooter
William_F_Tibbe-

I'm pretty sure you're attempting to be helpful, but on the subject of serial numbers you need to do some catching up.

Under current laws, I'll have no difficulty transferring my J.C.Higgins rifle to any of my heirs or assigns, nor to any person who is a resident of Michigan and who I deem worthy of owning a J. C. Higgins rifle. Further I can ship it in interstate commerce via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or any other common carrier to a FFL holder.

Here is a part of the instructions for completing the ATF form 4457. For my rifle without serial-numbers, the instructions to the FFL holder are pretty plain:

Question(s) 26, 27, 28, 29 & 30, Firearm(s) Description:
These blocks should be completed with the firearm(s) information. Firearms manufactured after 1968 should all be marked with a serial number. Should you acquire a firearm that is not marked with a serial number; you may answer question 28 with “NSN” (No Serial Number), “N/A” or “None.

The whole 4457 with instructions can be found on the ATF website: [color:#0000FF]https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download[/color]

Here's a quote from the website for which you provided a link. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page, near the photo of the Remington Nylon 66:

As for those pre-GCA guns which were manufactured without serial numbers, some are still on the market. A dealer buying or selling a non-NFA firearm made before 1968 and without a serial number need record “Made prior to 1968, no serial number” or “NSN” in the serial number space on his transaction record. Unless there is a state or local requirement, he need not apply a number or obtain a number from the police or BATFE.
{image of Nylon 66}

Good luck.
--Bob

Bob: Ill give you my sons address in Ringwood New Jersey and invite you to try to ship a gun without a serial number.

FYI I shipped numerous guns to him and I know the score.

As I warned before your Guys are hung up on Federal Regs while the local regs are the gist of the matter.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BullShooter
William_F_Tibbe-

I'm pretty sure you're attempting to be helpful, but on the subject of serial numbers you need to do some catching up.

Under current laws, I'll have no difficulty transferring my J.C.Higgins rifle to any of my heirs or assigns, nor to any person who is a resident of Michigan and who I deem worthy of owning a J. C. Higgins rifle. Further I can ship it in interstate commerce via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or any other common carrier to a FFL holder.

Here is a part of the instructions for completing the ATF form 4457. For my rifle without serial-numbers, the instructions to the FFL holder are pretty plain:

Question(s) 26, 27, 28, 29 & 30, Firearm(s) Description:
These blocks should be completed with the firearm(s) information. Firearms manufactured after 1968 should all be marked with a serial number. Should you acquire a firearm that is not marked with a serial number; you may answer question 28 with “NSN” (No Serial Number), “N/A” or “None.

The whole 4457 with instructions can be found on the ATF website: [color:#0000FF]https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download[/color]

Here's a quote from the website for which you provided a link. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page, near the photo of the Remington Nylon 66:

As for those pre-GCA guns which were manufactured without serial numbers, some are still on the market. A dealer buying or selling a non-NFA firearm made before 1968 and without a serial number need record “Made prior to 1968, no serial number” or “NSN” in the serial number space on his transaction record. Unless there is a state or local requirement, he need not apply a number or obtain a number from the police or BATFE.
{image of Nylon 66}

Good luck.
--Bob

Bob: Ill give you my sons address in Ringwood New Jersey and invite you to try to ship a gun without a serial number.

As I warned before your Guys are hung up on Federal Regs while the local regs are the gist of the matter.

Where did you mention 'local regs' in your first post, dickweed?

A commercially manufactured gun with no serial number is illegal and cannot be owned. A home made gun for self us can.

Over the years there were several reasons for not having a serial number but most date back a long time. Chinese and Iranian guns have ben found by the case ALL with the same number.

My memory is a little fuzzy about German Mauser's that apparently were being counterfeited by bandit operators.

There have been some cases on record about replicas or antiques that didn't have numbers.

It may be possible that some estate guns had missing numbers, so I heard.

But you can take this to the bank: Any gun that has the serial number missing is HOT and party to a felony. You can't sell it, you can't own it, you can't ship it.

Maybe disquieting to the crooks but the experts can retrieve filed off serial numbers by some high tech science.

However, if we are speaking about blocking out the numbers on a photo, as opposed to removing it from the weapon, that doesn't constitute a crime unless the intent is to hoodwink someone, commit some misrepresentation or fraud.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You're one haploid short of a zygote.

This thread is a zygote-f***.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Steelhead]No, Willie E. Tibbe is a retard. He was a retard 10 years ago when he had another logon name, he is a retard now. I kicked him in the nuts repeatedly back then for continually spewing FALSE information.

He hasn't changed in the least. There is nothing helpful about this POS troll, trust me. [/quote

I have no idea as to who you are and I have NO recollection at all of your allegations.

Certainly you are aware of the website regs that forbid deliberate attacks, insults, degradations, which you violate with apparent impunity.

You have a simple choice, Knock it off or your ass will be kicked all over the ball park. FYI I'm associated with Law enforcement. Get your pocket book ready. This will take you to litigation and cost you big time for slander and defamation.

Result of which you will be banned from this site permanently.

Bottom line : Piss me off and I will mess you up like your worst nightmare,

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 09/04/15.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bcraig
Look at Bottom of form in section D

Box 28 to be a little more specific. Instructions are at bottom of page 6, including the part about "NSN" for "no serial number".

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This just keeps getting better and better! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Holy Schit!

Shades of OldDouche......

Steelhead, can I be your "connection" to LE this time of are you gonna continue with the old dude in TX? grin

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by NH K9
Holy Schit!

Shades of OldDouche......

Steelhead, can I be your "connection" to LE this time of are you gonna continue with the old dude in TX? grin

Steelhead should retain both of you to double the awesome laugh

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
My wife and I have a couple of older German guns, one a Sauer side-by-side shotgun and one a “no-name” combination gun, both purchased from FFL dealers. Neither has a serial number and it’s really not a big deal. Removing a serial # is.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=Steelhead]No, Willie E. Tibbe is a retard. He was a retard 10 years ago when he had another logon name, he is a retard now. I kicked him in the nuts repeatedly back then for continually spewing FALSE information.

He hasn't changed in the least. There is nothing helpful about this POS troll, trust me. [/quote

I have no idea as to who you are and I have NO recollection at all of your allegations.

Certainly you are aware of the website regs that forbid deliberate attacks, insults, degradations, which you violate with apparent impunity.

You have a simple choice, Knock it off or your ass will be kicked all over the ball park. FYI I'm associated with Law enforcement. Get your pocket book ready. This will take you to litigation and cost you big time for slander and defamation.

Has anyone every been banned from this site permanently?

Since Larry Root has been banned and returned at least a dozen times, the act of banning can't have any real meaning to a person who is determined.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Does being ASSOCIATED with law enforcement mean you're special?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Libel. Slander is spoken.

"Piss me off and I will mess you up..." sounds like a threat....

David

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Yeah ace, bring it.

I'm guessing this is a different WETibbe from 2005? Does the sound of the below post sound familiar?

Originally Posted by WETIBBE
Pack up your peanut butter and jelly sandwich and apple for the teacher and toddle along little fella. It's school time.

This board is for those �regular folks� who have a serious interest in firearms and the shooting sports. We�re a pretty laid back bunch, so feel free to pull up a crate and chat. We do have a few rules, in order to maintain the integrity of the board, and assure that each Member is treated with respect. These rules are:
GENERAL RULES
. Stay civil. No profanity, personal attacks, or flames toward a person or group. (If you can't say it on network television, we don't want to see it on the boards).
. No discussion of illegal activities (like bombings, �getting� someone, etc).
. No spamming - Stay on-topic and maintain mature, constructive conversation.
. Use only ONE username. Use of multiple usernames will be considered spam.
. Trolling is forbidden and Trolls will be banned on sight.
USERNAME RULES
. All messages you post will include your "user name." This may be your real name or a "handle" (nickname or pseudonym).
. If you choose to use a handle, it may not be the name of a living person or a name likely to be confused with that of a living person.
. If you register using a real name other than your own, or if the user name you choose contains offensive or misleading elements, your account will be canceled and you will be banned from future participation at this site.
CONDUCT RULES
. Messages posted to this board must be polite and free of personal attacks, threats, and crude or sexually-explicit language.
. Inappropriate or offensive graphics, user names, or profile entries are not permitted.
. Messages should be relatively short and to the point. Do not post lengthy replies (including replies that consist largely of quotes from an earlier message).
. Do not view the discussion area as a vehicle for single-mindedly promoting an agenda.
. Anti-Gunowners are welcome to participate but must be respectful of the beliefs & positions held by the pro-gunowners participating on the board since it it their board.
CONTENT RULES
. Do not post others� e-mail addresses or private e-mail sent by them unless they give you permission to do so.
. Do not post copyrighted material.
. Do not post material from unapproved private revelations.
. Do not post personal phone numbers and addresses.
. Do not post anything that can be construed as spam.
. Do not post anything that can be construed as a commercial advertisement or contains any form of commercial solicitation.
DISCUSSION FORUMS
. Messages posted to threads should be on-topic. If you wish to discuss another topic, start a new thread.
. Do not pad your post count with chatty or off-topic messages.
PRIVATE MESSAGING
. If you have something to say to an individual member that is not of general interest to the board, use the private messaging system.
. Inappropriate or harassing private messages are not permitted.
. Private messages ARE subject to edit & review by staff at any time without notice.
ENFORCEMENT
. Reports of infractions of these rules should be submitted to the moderators by private messaging.
. Material that violates the rules may be edited or deleted without prior notice.
. Moderator actions are not open to public debate. Judgments by the Moderators can be discussed with the Moderators via private messaging but not on the board itself.
. Users who persistently violate the rules will be banned.
The above rules are subject to change without notice. Violations of these rules will result in ONE warning. If that isn�t effective, the offender will be banned from the board. We reserve the right to ban immediately someone posting a flagrant flame or spam. The decision of the Staff is final. You may appeal for reinstatement. Such appeal will be discussed by Staff, and if merited, you may be reinstated. But only once.

Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to review, edit and delete any message (INCLUDING Private Messages between members) for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Your use of this site constitute an implicit acceptance of ALL rules and operating procedures outlined above. Additionally, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold 24 Hour Campfire and our subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses INCLUDING Attorneys' Fees arising from or in connection with (A) your breach of this agreement; (B) your violation of any local, state, Federal, foreign or international laws, codes and regulations; (C) your violation of any third party's rights including, but not limited to, infringement of any copyright, violation of any proprietary right and invasion of any privacy rights. THIS OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.

One foot out the door good Buddy !!

Bill Tibbe

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ue/VAMINROD_-_goes_to_school.#Post548109

Last edited by Steelhead; 09/04/15.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This place has rules? Who knew. I always thought new guys should observe and learn the rules, not quote them as if they conferred some sort of authority

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
William_E_Tibbe-

You have apparently decided that it's OK for me to keep my J.C.Higgin's rifle and I won't get arrested for possession here in Michigan. Am I correct in assuming that, like the Watergate guys used to say to the senate committee, this statement "is no longer operational"?
A commercially manufactured gun with no serial number is illegal and cannot be owned.

So, my plight has changed from a blanket prohibition to one that might get me in trouble in Ringwood, New Jersey.

Well, you needn't bother giving me your son's address. (Whitepages thinks it's 26 Underhill Terrace, but of course that may be wrong.)

What I would require before shipping any guns to your son is the first three and the last five digits of his Federal Firearms Dealers License. If he doesn't have an FFL then no gun gets shipped whether or not it has a serial number.

However, I'm willing to learn about NJ laws. Please indicate the statutes that make it a crime to take possession of a serial-numberless pre-68 J.C.Higgins 22 rifle, as opposed to one with a serial number.

Thanks.
--Bob

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Libel. Slander is spoken.

"Piss me off and I will mess you up..." sounds like a threat....

David

Associated with Law Enforcement could mean he's a crossing guard, or in jail, or owns a whistle.......

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Rick:

I'm not law enforcement direct but civilian, autonomous collaborator with The FBI for infrastructure protection.

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1minute, 338rcm, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.