Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Azar
For you and other please understand that I don't make this stuff up. I'm posting info from others. I don't vet it for accuracy.

So you are saying you simply regurgitate information that you've heard/read without any first hand knowledge of the facts and without taking the time to find out if what you are posting is accurate?

And you believe this should get you off the hook for posting incorrect information and then blindly defending it?

Does that seem reasonable to you?

It was on the internet... how could it not be true?

[Linked Image]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Dirt;
sorry but I just do not know what you are talking about.

You haven't been around long enough to understand that post. Most Fire contributors know exactly what I posted.

So, your new to the Fire status is something you need to keep in mind.
DF

hes not new to the fire, he was doing this same schitt ten years ago....
went away and came back.

10 year sentence?

Is that the LE connection?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thats the maximum sentence that can be imposed on FBI guys....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is beginning to look more and more like the Jonathan Livingston Seagull syndrome.

Have you read the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach? The seagull who was rejected by his flock for being different.

Do you ever get the feeling that you simply don’t fit in anywhere? That literally nobody on the planet views life through your eyes?

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Skidrow
A commercially manufactured gun with no serial number is illegal and cannot be owned.

Wrong. Really wrong. Serial numbers weren't required until the Gun Control Act of 1968 came about. Millions upon millions of firearms were manufactured before that. Some had serial numbers but most of the lower priced ones did not. They were all "grandfathered" under the act and all, even without serial numbers, are currently legal to own.

Oh dear me! You're only joking - right? You HAVE to be ----seriously!

It's really degenerated from the sublime to the absurd.

One thing that I always do is fact check. And I have the facts to back up my comments. In any event those facts are not something that I "manufacture" from mythology. They are the laws made by someone else.

Sad to say that some posters here are not capable of understanding the numerous why's, wherefores, provisos and contingencies in my post. I just didn't want to make it miles long. The "shortfalls" in my post that you highlighted were already allowed for contingently in my comments.

Notice that I am polite and respectful in my responses. I don't respond to rules violators.

I may add that the gun laws vary widely from state to state, county by county and Town/Village locally, as well as from Law Enforcement to Law enforcement - a lot.

In addition to my owning, transporting and/or shipping guns here in Wyoming, South Dakota, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania New Jersey, New York, Missouri the USA I also owned/ transported/ shipped, *( Sold at times ) rifles and hand guns in Canadian Provinces, Venezuela, Tunisia, Senegal, Ethiopia, Liberia, Cambodia and Vietnam. I also carried some in my luggage on airplanes and through customs including France and the Netherrlands. Did it since 1956.

A commercially manufactured gun with no serial number is illegal and cannot be owned.

This is wrong. As stated, serial numbers were only required in the US by the Gun Control Act of 1968. Prior to that time millions of inexpensive guns had no serial numbers and it's perfectly legal to own and transfer them.

Nobody likes to be wrong, but when it happens, man up and admit it. Don't pile on more BS and especially don't claim to be some sort of expert operating on a higher level beyond the reckoning of the rest of us.

It just makes you look like a total idiot.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My god! How does someone live on this planet and not know what is real and what is not?
I have a few with no serial number, and it is perfectly legal up here.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To be fair it does appear that he is from New Jersey...and they let their kids swim in sewage mixers

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by add
This is beginning to look more and more like the Jonathan Livingston Seagull syndrome.

Have you read the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach? The seagull who was rejected by his flock for being different.

Do you ever get the feeling that you simply don’t fit in anywhere? That literally nobody on the planet views life through your eyes?

[Linked Image]

Add:

Thanks for your input. I always respond respectfully with politeness. And I abide by the rules of the forum that specifically prohibit many posts and call for banning violators who number many here.

If you read the Jonathan Livingstone Seagull syndrome fiction it actually matched almost 99.99% of my actions and philosophy.

It's a sad day for American that I apparently cannot reach out to so many dysfunctional, low mentality, fellow gun owners who are drinking the purple lemonade.

But that's the way it is on the lawless internet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you read the Jonathan Livingstone Seagull syndrome fiction it actually matched almost 99.99% of my actions and philosophy.

By that I assume you mean total fantasy alluding to a bird-brained individual

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Time for a thread hi-jack.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Notice,no serial number. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I always respond respectfully with politeness.

And in the same breath, you insult the general population. One could safely assume it is all-inclusive with wording such as:

It's a sad day for American that I apparently cannot reach out to so many dysfunctional, low mentality, fellow gun owners who are drinking the purple lemonade.

Perhaps your approach is somewhat too condescending for such a group? Or, perhaps *they* sense a Superiority complex and no substance to back it up.

There is, if even grudgingly, respect for the knowledgeable here, even if the approach is rough---hint.

Given some of the information I've seen you give, and your response to even a polite correction, it's no wonder you get the reception you do.

Remember, when you point a finger at someone, you have three pointing back at you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is beginning to look more and more like the Jonathan Livingston Seagull syndrome. Flying far over the heads of those lesser endowed.

[Linked Image]

By "lesser endowed", did you actually mean not 'having swallowed hook, line, and sinker' as pictured above? If so, I would say you just paid a whole bunch of folks a nice complement. So kudos for your gracious benevolocity. smile (Shatting out the line and sinker is a good start. Keep it coming! grin )

Last edited by Klikitarik; 09/10/15.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

Actually, I read that dumb hippie book... twice: once when young, once after college to see if I REALLY got it. Summary in the words of Ricky (two first names) Bobby: "I wanna go fast... SPLAT!!"

Uh... I only read to page 6. Are there pics of nekkid chicks yet?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You fly in and poop all over everything then leave?

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

Actually, I read that dumb hippie book... twice: once when young, once after college to see if I REALLY got it. Summary in the words of Ricky (two first names) Bobby: "I wanna go fast... SPLAT!!"

Uh... I only read to page 6. Are there pics of nekkid chicks yet?

Bigfish:

The Johnathan Livingston Seagull syndrome, and it's comments, are now apparently prolific. It is worthless diatribe despite our efforts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I always respond respectfully with politeness.

And in the same breath, you insult the general population. One could safely assume it is all-inclusive with wording such as:

Perhaps your approach is somewhat too condescending for such a group? Or, perhaps *they* sense a Superiority complex and no substance to back it up.

There is, if even grudgingly, respect for the knowledgeable here, even if the approach is rough---hint.

Given some of the information I've seen you give, and your response to even a polite correction, it's no wonder you get the reception you do.

Remember, when you point a finger at someone, you have three pointing back at you.

Hey Tibbe,.....can the BS for a bit, and READ this.

When finished reading it, READ IT AGAIN, 'cuz it's BANG ON !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I was apparently wrong in thinking that there had been a vast improvement in the quality of poster from many years ago.

Well at least you admit to trolling around here in the past.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.