Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SteveC99
In the case of the OP we don't know how he attached the strap. many cases a split key ring is used. These are a pretty bad idea. Either use a cable tie or one of the adapt-its linked, or something similar.

Actually I did ask that question:
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Was it the factory strap? What kind of connector is on the strap end (nylon webbing, metal ring, etc.)?

And the OP answered with this:
Originally Posted by bkmcdani
It was an after market strap. It's a plastic lanyard style hook. The kind where you can only push one way. Terrible description I know. I've seen them my whole life but don't know what the proper name of them.

It looks like the adapt-its you linked are perfect for the hook the OP used.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If it broke, they should fit it. Period. Call them on it, and have them make it right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't care who makes the binocular or how much it costs, everybody needs something like this http://optechusa.com/adapt-its.html

Steve,
Thanks for the tip - that's a great idea.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Swarovski makes great little nylon webbing with eyelets to put through the strap anchors that are amazing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by bkmcdani
I received my binos back from Zen-Ray today. They fixed the eyepiece but like they said, they weren't able to repair the neckstrap anchor. I'm a little disappointed since their website clearly states that they'll repair or replace ed3's. Now I know this isn't that big of a deal but to me it's false advertising. You live and you learn I guess.

No, it IS a big deal.

From the ZR site:
If your PRIME HD, ZEN ED3, 2015 ZRS HD Binoculars or ZEN ED2 spotting scope requires service or repair, Zen-Ray will repair or replace it (even if it was your fault) for just $10, plus return shipping and handling.

I'd contact ZR and ask to speak directly to Charles.

Excellent advice. I'd also tell Charles that everyone at the "Campfire" is very interested in his response. His handling of this situation can make or break his brand's reputation with the outdoorsmen that frequent the forum.

Dan

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
These are what all Binos should come with.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by joelbiltz
These are what all Binos should come with.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No offense Joel, but did you miss this, several posts above?

I don't care who makes the binocular or how much it costs, everybody needs something like this http://optechusa.com/adapt-its.html

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
None taken JG. I did see that. Just giving other options.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I was about ready to order a pair of Zen Rays........I would rot in Hell before I would by a pair Now!!!!! Thanks for the Heads up..... shocked

OP....I would accidentally drop them off the roof of a 10 story building ....And send them in again!!!!!! grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Send them back in, give Zen-Ray a link to a new thread on this site and any other that your a member of stating how your tracking the warranty service of the failure of one of their products. Unfortunate you have to guilt them into standing behind their products, but I bet it will get results.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
everybody needs something like this http://optechusa.com/adapt-its.html

Good link.
Zen-Ray needs to read this thread. And maybe provide the linked adapt-its with its binocs.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd be interested in knowing whether this problem was satisfactorily resolved. I've read a lot of very complimentary comments on Zen-Ray binoculars and it sounds as though I'd be happy with the performance, but if Zen-Ray not standing behind their product I'd have to pass.

So, how did it turn out, bkmacdani?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Leupolds warranty looks golden right about now

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I sent them back and they cleaned the eye cups (if that's what they're called). They never fixed or replaced the binos, nor did they offer a refund. I've decided to use zip ties so I'll be able to wear them around my neck. It's not the end of the world, but IMO they didn't honor their policy. You live and you learn.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So you're throwing in the towel on this?

Shame on them for not backing up their products warranty.

But imo you shouldn't allow this to just end without your warranty issue being resolved

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I agree...push them and then push again!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No Zen Ray for me . I thought they had a decent warranty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only way to repair it is to replace it, and their warranty says they will replace if needed. I'd hold them to making good on their warranty as written.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, that answers MY question. Thanks, bkmcdani.

There are other outfits in the market who will honor a warranty and protect their reputations, so I guess I'll pass on Zen-Ray.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
R
If they do not take care of it go to a local body shop with a good reputation, They should have a plastic repair kit that they use for bumpers might look like poop but it is strong stuff. Can also try the hardware stores but the shop techs should be able to clean the repair area up nicely.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,410
Posts18,507,052
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.