Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by reelman
I picked up a Tavor a couple months ago. SO far it's so-so. Trigger is horendous to put it lightly. My trigger scale goes to 10lbs and it takes considerable force beyond that! Accuracy is decent and I'm only shooting it with XM193 ammo and an EoTech with a 3x magnifier on it and aging eyes. It's heavy and doesn't balance that well IMO but you can hold it at the ready for a long time due to the weight distribution.

If the SHTF I'm grabbing my 1.5" AR though as it's lighter, more accurate, has a better trigger and is easier to work on.

I will probably sell it next year as I live by the motto "the one who gets to play with the most toys wins"
By 1.5" AR do you mean it groups that size at a hundred yards?

As for the trigger, like I said, I don't recommend even buying the Tavor unless you know from the start that it needs a Geissele trigger to replace the one it comes with. It's not the same rifle once that's replaced.

PS Apparently the IDF thinks it's enough better than the AR to give up the free ones they can get from the U.S. and manufacture enough Tavors to do a total switch over. I may not approve of the behavior of the State of Israel, but few will question the seriousness of their defense forces, and its ability to evaluate weapons systems in the field.

PPS I believe all Tavors are manufactured in the U.S. by Americans in Israeli owned facilities. The military versions are then sent to Israel, and the dozen or so other nations currently switching to them, while the semi-auto versions get sold domestically.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deflave

Junk.

Travis
You've wrung one out pretty good, have you? What about it causes you to conclude it's junk?

Look at it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You've wrung one out pretty good, have you? What about it causes you to conclude it's junk?

Look at it.

Travis
Looks can be deceiving. Look at the Glock.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Tavor is perfect for the niche it was intended..which is...bilking money out of gullible gun aficionado's.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
The Tavor is perfect for the niche it was intended..which is...bilking money out of gullible gun aficionado's.
LOL, oh come on now. Do I detect a slight case of sour grapes? wink

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Show me them clearing a jam.

This is where the BUll PUPs failed in the carbine classes I took.

One was a Tavor, one was a Sig(?), one was the Ke-Tec 308.

We sent up different failrues (double feed, etc.) and they were more difficult.

Show me a forced transition to the opposite side of the gun, with the case ejecting into your body.

Also, a right sided gun being forced into shooting from the left side in the middle of fight if FINE for a AR.

The TAVOR, not so much. This is what caused jams that we did NOT set up in class.

BMT

BTW-The Kel-Tec was very cool with the front ejection (shot right or left fine). But still sucked at clearing jams/malfunctions.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BMT
Show me them clearing a jam.

This is where the BUll PUPs failed in the carbine classes I took.

One was a Tavor, one was a Sig(?), one was the Ke-Tec 308.

We sent up different failrues (double feed, etc.) and they were more difficult.

Show me a forced transition to the opposite side of the gun, with the case ejecting into your body.

Also, a right sided gun being forced into shooting from the left side in the middle of fight if FINE for a AR.

The TAVOR, not so much. This is what caused jams that we did NOT set up in class.

BMT

BTW-The Kel-Tec was very cool with the front ejection (shot right or left fine). But still sucked at clearing jams/malfunctions.

BMT
"The manual of arms (the operation of the gun and drills to mitigate malfunctions) is in principle very similar to that of an AR-15. Malfunction drills work just like an AR. Yes, some controls are in different places, but the steps that have to be done when it goes click instead of bang are identical. The only thing that I had a hard time getting used to was locking the bolt open. Jonathan, on the other hand had no trouble with this. In the end, it’s no easier or harder than an AR. Just different." Link

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Not me dude, I am 100% into AR's, I would not even attempt to use something that was not almost instinctive to me at this point.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Is this comment supposed to make sense?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Not me dude, I am 100% into AR's, I would not even attempt to use something that was not almost instinctive to me at this point.
Completely understandable.

I've owned and enjoyed ARs since the late 1970s. Haven't been without one since. The one in this picture is AR number five for me. It's a Sig P516 G2 piston gun with a ten inch barrel, classified a handgun, and sporting an arm brace (not a shoulder stock). It's also sporting an AimPoint Micro T2 with a Larue lever-detachable base, a set of Troy Industries flip up sights, and an AGL Combat Trigger, which I love.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Junk.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Travis
Oh, I forgot. To you, a Glock is the image of perfection. Well, I like them, but I don't think they exactly exude the look of quality, at least in the traditional sense.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice comparison. I see the coolness factor in the Tavor now. Is the pistol a black out

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nice comparison. I see the coolness factor in the Tavor now. Is the pistol a black out
Both are 5.56 NATO. Switching the Tavor to Blackout or 9mm is easy peasy. In 9mm it uses Colt stick mags.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis
Oh, I forgot. To you, a Glock is the image of perfection. Well, I like them, but I don't think they exactly exude the look of quality, at least in the traditional sense.

If you're trying to make no sense, you're on a roll.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It's a Sig P516 G2 piston gun with a ten inch barrel, classified a handgun, and sporting an arm brace (not a shoulder stock).

Steaming pile of fugking schit.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

It's a Sig P516 G2 piston gun with a ten inch barrel, classified a handgun, and sporting an arm brace (not a shoulder stock).

Steaming pile of fugking schit.

Travis
Oh, I'm cut to the quick. grin

You've really let your mean little boy out to play tonight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could sort of like the idea of a bullpup for a HD gun, easier to use in tight quarters, etc. For a general purpose rifle? ummm....

The price keeps dropping, so at some point I may try a Kel-tec shotgun.

One of the local shops has a Sig 716 pistol (yes, a .308 pistol with a 12" barrel) and the Sig brace. I suspect one shot, even a miss, would send the bad guys running. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
true, my local shop has one of these 308's as well, there are no bounds to foolishness. The Tavor is short that is a good point, nevertheless I shall stick to my regular DI DD, Colt etc guns I know that they work fine and I know how to make them work....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (10gaugemag, 338reddog, BABore, AdamT204, 9 invisible), 1,637 guests, and 671 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,956
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.