F
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That's not what happened in Paris.

Yep they went SPLATTER SPLATTER SPLATTER and RUN

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If it takes place in South Louisiana....Coonazzes will be out on the street trying to sell them Boudin!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 11/16/15.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Pretty much. There's a whole Lotta fellas around here itching for a shooting match

I know a few here and some actually scare me a little. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The closest grocery store is 30 miles..so unless there's a lot of them we wouldn't need a bunch of bullets.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I live in Oklahoma City and we would have armed vigilante groups roaming the city on the look out for more muzzies.

We would have Ernie Chambers dancing in the streets and stating that we got what we deserved.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
don't live in a city, but if a bunch of Fuxk o's showed up it would most likely would not turn out well for them

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I live in Oklahoma City and we would have armed vigilante groups roaming the city on the look out for more muzzies.

Then they'd run across an unlucky group of Sikhs, send some bullets into their temple while yelling "go back to Africa"!

Those Sikhs are always being mistaken for bad guys. For what little I know about them, they're peace loving people.

you don't know a little about them, you know nothing.
they enjoy nothing better then killing each other, except maybe killing anybody else.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

I just hope to Christ you "city" folks hold your outer perimeters, and KEEP that kinda' chit within, contained, and at least PARTIALLY successful..

I can't see much good coming from that sorta' circus act, myself.

But hey,....it's your CITY,....go nuts.

GTC

We'll be alright. Plenty of the guys in the CITY were raised on farms and know how to handled themselves. You should come down to our CITY and see how we roll.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What fuggin city ? Ain't got none a those round here. Any muzzies start shyt hereabouts there'll be some killin goin on and lord willing I'll be doin my share of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My gf was supposed to be home around 515, she worked at the bank in town (300 people). She was late....like a half hour late. I heard a siren, so I jumped in the rig with my drag bag and rolled up loaded for bear.

They had a staff meeting, and someone randomly was pulled over in town.

Everyone she worked with laughed and said their men would so the same.

You may shoot up a bit of this town, but it won't be fun for them.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I live in NW Iowa just sixty miles from Sioux Falls, SD., a sprawling, big town/ little city with a greater population of 150k or so and its a business/recreational/health care magnet for SW Minnesota, NW Iowa, and NE Nebraska. They also have many large recreational venues for sports and other entertainment.

This summer my wife and I attended an Eagles concert with a packed house of 18,000. As I wrote the Govenor of SD yesterday, these are exceedingly soft targets for a group that wants to hit the heartland. Of course ticket holders' small bags were checked on entrance but no CCW check. But it would be easy to bring bombs or AKs in in some manner before hand by a determined person(s) and with a crush of that many people with few aisles, an AK spraying from the balcony could kill and injure hundreds in minutes. Best scene scenario, you are there with your CC weapon in a crush of panicked folks maybe ten yards from a shooter, maybe one fifty; they with large capacity magazines, you with maybe a ten round mag. It would like bringing a knife to a gun fight and it could be like Paris or worse all over again.

As of yesterday when I emailed the SD Govenor (Sioux Falls was one of cities slated to receive "Syrian" refugees) they were not on the list of states to refuse refugees. I emailed the Iowa Govenor also and they are on the growing list of states refusing refugees presently.

But back to the original question, in a large, packed venue described, much would depend on how many folks were carrying, their proximity to the shooter(s), their frame of mind, and capability. It could be very ugly very fast just like in Paris and I cannot see these Islamists, if they were planning a truly big event, not picking a target where there is maximum exposure to the most people in the shortest time possible. And with automatic weapons and explosives.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 11/16/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where I live, other than Walmart, schools are about the only place they could find more than a few people at a time. If you think you're safe, google "Beslan".

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-of-beslan-school-terror/

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I live in NW Iowa just sixty miles from Sioux Falls, SD., a sprawling, big town/ little city with a greater population of 150k or so and its a business/recreational/health care magnet for SW Minnesota, NW Iowa, and NE Nebraska. They also have many large recreational venues for sports and other entertainment.

This summer my wife and I attended an Eagles concert with a packed house of 18,000. As I wrote the Govenor of SD yesterday, these are exceedingly soft targets for a group that wants to hit the heartland. Of course ticket holders' small bags were checked on entrance but no CCW check. But it would be easy to bring bombs or AKs in in some manner before hand by a determined person(s) and with a crush of that many people with few aisles, an AK spraying from the balcony could kill and injure hundreds in minutes. Best scene scenario, you are there with your CC weapon in a crush of panicked folks maybe ten yards from a shooter, maybe one fifty; they with large capacity magazines, you with maybe a ten round mag. It would like bringing a knife to a gun fight and it could be like Paris or worse all over again.

As of yesterday when I emailed the SD Govenor (Sioux Falls was one of cities slated to receive "Syrian" refugees) they were not on the list of states to refuse refugees. I emailed the Iowa Govenor also and they are on the growing list of states refusing refugees presently.

But back to the original question, in a large, packed venue described, much would depend on how many folks were carrying, their proximity to the shooter(s), their frame of mind, and capability. It could be very ugly very fast just like in Paris and I cannot see these Islamists, if they were planning a truly big event, not picking a target where there is maximum exposure to the most people in the shortest time possible. And with automatic weapons and explosives.

Your described scenario is why they call it "terrorism."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes, and it would be.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Here in the city I doubt much of anything would be done by the citizens.

Don't cuss, call us.

There would be a steady stream of hill jacks headed North on I75 to fight the war away from their homes in the hills.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Nebraska

We would have Ernie Chambers dancing in the streets and stating that we got what we deserved.

I don't know Ernie Chambers, but it sounds like he needs to be doused in Coleman Fuel and set alight. He can dance then.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Massachusetts residents would run and cry and ask what have they done to the poor Muslims to deserve being shot.

Then they would vote for more gun control against aging white guys like myself......

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my little burg there'd be a run on candles and flowers to create a vigil where the shooting happened, then they put up a levy to increase my taxes to hire a swat team and bunch of used XXL sized Blackwater equipment for those fat out of shape swat guys we just hired, and people would act real surly to the Indian guy that runs the Sack-n-Save until he put up a sign saying he was a Hindu from Bombay.

We'd pay another cop to drink hot chocolate at the high school football game and harass teenagers fooling around under the bleachers.

We'd never have an attack on our local football team anyways - hell , they are so bad, even terrorists won't go to our games

The crazy lady that has all the homemade wind chimes in her yard would call the police once a week because she can't tell the difference between a mormom kid with a backpack and a Pakistani with a pressure cooker.

After all that, we'd never be attacked again because the terrorist would have blown themselves up in the first attack solving our problem.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/16/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Here in the city I doubt much of anything would be done by the citizens.

Don't cuss, call us.

There would be a steady stream of hill jacks headed North on I75 to fight the war away from their homes in the hills.

I don't doubt that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just like the battle of New Orleans

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,605
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.