Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Paddler all you need to hunt chukars are the legs of a mule deer hunter.Pheasants anywhere are slow and easy,sharp tails and huns generally have no where to hide when they flush.

New England grouse make people look stupid....dog or no dog.

Hillary is a cult figure more than anything else, her "qualifications" for president mostly a creation of the press, and carrying water for Bill all these years. The woman has nothing, except for a pronounced proclivity to lying easily.Despite being a lawyer, she clearly has no understanding, nor respect for, the law.

I remember when she was campaigning against Obama;asked "who would we want answering the phone at 3AM" in the face of a crisis,meaning her, or Obama(?) Well....the call came and both were on watch for Benghazi. They both flunked,,,let Americans be slaughtered. Disgraceful. This country and our leaders used to be better than that.

She's just incompetent,as her recent tenure as SOS easily proves,and she can't be trusted with American lives. She will sacrifice them every time to a political agenda.

I will admit...she and Bill have a talent for shake downs and influence peddling. That's fact; not opinion.

She can't stay in the same room with real accomplished people like Ted Cruz or Trump (like him or not).

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Paddler all you need to hunt chukars are the legs of a mule deer hunter.Pheasants anywhere are slow and easy,sharp tails and huns generally have no where to hide when they flush.

Hillary is a cult figure more than anything else, her "qualifications" for president mostly a creation of the press, and carrying water for Bill all these years. The woman has nothing, except for a pronounced proclivity to lying easily.Despite being a lawyer, she clearly has no understanding, nor respect for, the law.

I remember when she was campaigning against Obama;asked "who would we want answering the phone at 3AM" in the face of a crisis,meaning her, or Obama(?) Well....the call came and both were on watch for Benghazi. They both flunked,,,let Americans be slaughtered. Disgraceful. This country and our leaders used to be better than that.

She's just incompetent,as her recent tenure as SOS easily proves,and she can't be trusted with American lives. She will sacrifice them every time to a political agenda.

I will admit...she and Bill have a talent for shake downs and influence peddling. That's fact; not opinion.

She can't stay in the same room with real accomplished people like Ted Cruz or Trump (like him or not).

Okay, once again you demonstrate your fecal matter percentage. Cruz, accomplished? Isn't he the guy who shut down the government in an obviously futile attempt to defund the Affordable Care Act? Or is he the guy detested almost universally by his own party? Or is he the preachers kid, a sanctimonious prick most can't stand to look at? Oops, all three. Do you really think he's Presidential material? If so, I gotta give you credit, you're dumber than I thought. What about Trump? Accomplished? His four bankruptcies total more than his net worth, even if you add in the tax abatements. He's a carney barker, self-promoting shuckster who, like the rest of the Republican candidates, will never be President. It must be hard for you to accept the fact that Hillary is our next President. Sorry. Well, not really. Kinda fun to see your anger, frustration and hopelessness.

But onto birds. I guess we agree that the degree of difficulty is situational. You say ruffed grouse are tough back east, which is what I've read. Here in Utah, pheasants are scarce. The shots aren't difficult, just hard to come by. I walked 13 miles the last time I hunted them to kill one bird. Not many huns here, and very few on public ground. Sharptails are few enough that it's a draw hunt only in Utah. Ruffed grouse here fly up into the nearest tree, so your window of opportunity is very short. Now, if you're a fat bastard with no hunting ethics like our own Shrapnel, you can shoot them out of said tree, or better, just ride around on your ATV and shoot them on the ground. If you believe in fair chase, well, things get tougher. Dusky grouse are often found among conifers where there's little cover, so they won't hold for a point and often flush wild. You seem to discount the physical exertion involved in chasing chukars. Don't. It's typically a young man's game. Very few guys my age can pass that physical. Don't know how old you are or what kinda of shape you're in, but I guarantee you will be able to test your limits out here. Odds are you won't last long. Cheers!

Last edited by Paddler; 12/31/15.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

"I walked 13 miles the last time I hunted them to kill one bird."

You walked 13 miles? Give me a phugggn break.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Cruz has lots of accomplishments. His most important accomplishment is standing for his principles and doing as he promised his constituency. Such as opposing the funding of ObamaCare.

In 2012, Ted Cruz was elected as the 34th U.S. Senator from Texas. A passionate fighter for limited government, economic growth, and the Constitution, Ted won a decisive victory in both the Republican primary and the general election, despite having never before been elected to office.

Propelled by tens of thousands of grassroots activists across Texas, Ted’s election has been described by the Washington Post as “the biggest upset of 2012 . . . a true grassroots victory against very long odds.”

National Review has described Ted as “a great Reaganite hope,” columnist George Will has described him as “as good as it gets,” and the National Federation of Independent Business characterized his election as “critical to the small-business owners in [Texas, and], also to protecting free enterprise across America.”

Ted’s calling to public service is inspired largely by his first-hand observation of the pursuit of freedom and opportunity in America. Ted’s mother was born in Delaware to an Irish and Italian working-class family; she became the first in her family to go to college, graduated from Rice University with a degree in mathematics, and became a pioneering computer programmer in the 1950s.

Ted’s father was born in Cuba, fought in the revolution, and was imprisoned and tortured. He fled to Texas in 1957, penniless and not speaking a word of English. He washed dishes for 50 cents an hour, paid his way through the University of Texas, and started a small business in the oil and gas industry. Today, Ted’s father is a pastor in Dallas.

In the Senate, Ted serves on the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation; the Committee on Armed Services; the Committee on the Judiciary; the Joint Economic Committee; and the Committee on Rules and Administration.

Before being elected, Ted received national acclaim as the Solicitor General of Texas, the State's chief lawyer before the U.S. Supreme Court. Serving under Attorney General Greg Abbott, Ted was the nation’s youngest Solicitor General, the longest serving Solicitor General in Texas, and the first Hispanic Solicitor General of Texas.

In private practice in Houston, Ted spent five years as a partner at one of the nation’s largest law firms, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national Appellate Litigation practice. Ted has authored more than 80 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and argued 43 oral arguments, including nine before the U.S. Supreme Court. During Ted’s service as Solicitor General, Texas achieved an unprecedented series of landmark national victories, including successfully defending:

• U.S. sovereignty against the UN and the World Court in Medellin v. Texas;
• The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms;
• The constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument;
• The constitutionality of the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance;
• The constitutionality of the Texas Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment law; and
• The Texas congressional redistricting plan.

The National Law Journal has called Ted “a key voice” to whom “the [U.S. Supreme Court] Justices listen.” Ted has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, by the National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and by Texas Lawyer as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century.

From 2004-09, he taught U.S. Supreme Court Litigation as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law.

Prior to becoming Solicitor General, he served as the Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, as Associate Deputy Attorney General at the U.S. Department of Justice, and as Domestic Policy Advisor on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.

Ted graduated with honors from Princeton University and with high honors from Harvard Law School. He served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist on the U.S. Supreme Court. He was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for the Chief Justice of the United States.

Ted and his wife Heidi live in his hometown of Houston, Texas, with their two young daughters Caroline and Catherine.

Last edited by ConradCA; 12/31/15.

[Linked Image from ]
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Why do you doubt that? I hunted them on November 17, 2010, at Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area. You can retrace my route on Google Earth and measure it if you like. I walked from the Turpin parking lot all the way out to around the Miller unit and back. 13 miles by GPS. Here are a few photos from that hunt. The first is my Grulla with the rooster and a hen canvasback that tried to cross the dike over my head. My shorthair doesn't do water, so I had to try to land her on the dike:

[Linked Image]

There were lots of swans flying that day. This one shows swans dropping into the Turpin with the hills above Bountiful in the background:

[Linked Image]

This next one is looking back west as I walked back to my car. I like it because the swans up top are a nice surprise:

[Linked Image]

This is the first Turpin bridge at sunset. My wife liked it so much it's on display in my home theater:

[Linked Image]

Here's my route from that day. Measure it if you like:

[Linked Image]

I don't exaggerate my hunting experiences. No need to. Don't know why anyone think otherwise.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Cruz has lots of accomplishments. His most important accomplishment is standing for his principles and doing as he promised his constituency. Such as opposing the funding of ObamaCare.

In 2012, Ted Cruz was elected as the 34th U.S. Senator from Texas. A passionate fighter for limited government, economic growth, and the Constitution, Ted won a decisive victory in both the Republican primary and the general election, despite having never before been elected to office.

Propelled by tens of thousands of grassroots activists across Texas, Ted’s election has been described by the Washington Post as “the biggest upset of 2012 . . . a true grassroots victory against very long odds.”

National Review has described Ted as “a great Reaganite hope,” columnist George Will has described him as “as good as it gets,” and the National Federation of Independent Business characterized his election as “critical to the small-business owners in [Texas, and], also to protecting free enterprise across America.”

Ted’s calling to public service is inspired largely by his first-hand observation of the pursuit of freedom and opportunity in America. Ted’s mother was born in Delaware to an Irish and Italian working-class family; she became the first in her family to go to college, graduated from Rice University with a degree in mathematics, and became a pioneering computer programmer in the 1950s.

Ted’s father was born in Cuba, fought in the revolution, and was imprisoned and tortured. He fled to Texas in 1957, penniless and not speaking a word of English. He washed dishes for 50 cents an hour, paid his way through the University of Texas, and started a small business in the oil and gas industry. Today, Ted’s father is a pastor in Dallas.

In the Senate, Ted serves on the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation; the Committee on Armed Services; the Committee on the Judiciary; the Joint Economic Committee; and the Committee on Rules and Administration.

Before being elected, Ted received national acclaim as the Solicitor General of Texas, the State's chief lawyer before the U.S. Supreme Court. Serving under Attorney General Greg Abbott, Ted was the nation’s youngest Solicitor General, the longest serving Solicitor General in Texas, and the first Hispanic Solicitor General of Texas.

In private practice in Houston, Ted spent five years as a partner at one of the nation’s largest law firms, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national Appellate Litigation practice. Ted has authored more than 80 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and argued 43 oral arguments, including nine before the U.S. Supreme Court. During Ted’s service as Solicitor General, Texas achieved an unprecedented series of landmark national victories, including successfully defending:

• U.S. sovereignty against the UN and the World Court in Medellin v. Texas;
• The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms;
• The constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument;
• The constitutionality of the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance;
• The constitutionality of the Texas Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment law; and
• The Texas congressional redistricting plan.

The National Law Journal has called Ted “a key voice” to whom “the [U.S. Supreme Court] Justices listen.” Ted has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, by the National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and by Texas Lawyer as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century.

From 2004-09, he taught U.S. Supreme Court Litigation as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law.

Prior to becoming Solicitor General, he served as the Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, as Associate Deputy Attorney General at the U.S. Department of Justice, and as Domestic Policy Advisor on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.

Ted graduated with honors from Princeton University and with high honors from Harvard Law School. He served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist on the U.S. Supreme Court. He was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for the Chief Justice of the United States.

Ted and his wife Heidi live in his hometown of Houston, Texas, with their two young daughters Caroline and Catherine.

He's a douche.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Webb Hubbell is rumored to be the biological father to Chelsea Clinton. Reportedly, businessman Finis Shelnutt (who was once Hubbell’s brother-in-law) told The National Enquirer that Hilary Clinton and Hubbell’s alleged affair wasn’t a big secret. “That was rumored in Arkansas for years and totally public. A lot of people suspected that,” Shelnutt said, adding that the older Chelsea gets, the more she looks like Hubbell.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/bombshell-bil...r-hillary-clinton-adultery-scandal-pics/

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Webb Hubbell is rumored to be the biological father to Chelsea Clinton. Reportedly, businessman Finis Shelnutt (who was once Hubbell’s brother-in-law) told The National Enquirer that Hilary Clinton and Hubbell’s alleged affair wasn’t a big secret. “That was rumored in Arkansas for years and totally public. A lot of people suspected that,” Shelnutt said, adding that the older Chelsea gets, the more she looks like Hubbell.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/bombshell-bil...r-hillary-clinton-adultery-scandal-pics/

Of course, you freaking idiot. You still believe Obama was born in Keyna, right? You are incredibly stupid.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Paddler

Okay, once again you demonstrate your fecal matter percentage. Cruz, accomplished? Isn't he the guy who shut down the government in an obviously futile attempt to defund the Affordable Care Act? Or is he the guy detested almost universally by his own party? Or is he the preachers kid, a sanctimonious prick most can't stand to look at? Oops, all three. Do you really think he's Presidential material? If so, I gotta give you credit, you're dumber than I thought. What about Trump? Accomplished? His four bankruptcies total more than his net worth, even if you add in the tax abatements. He's a carney barker, self-promoting shuckster who, like the rest of the Republican candidates, will never be President. It must be hard for you to accept the fact that Hillary is our next President. Sorry. Well, not really. Kinda fun to see your anger, frustration and hopelessness.

But onto birds. I guess we agree that the degree of difficulty is situational. You say ruffed grouse are tough back east, which is what I've read. Here in Utah, pheasants are scarce. The shots aren't difficult, just hard to come by. I walked 13 miles the last time I hunted them to kill one bird. Not many huns here, and very few on public ground. Sharptails are few enough that it's a draw hunt only in Utah. Ruffed grouse here fly up into the nearest tree, so your window of opportunity is very short. Now, if you're a fat bastard with no hunting ethics like our own Shrapnel, you can shoot them out of said tree, or better, just ride around on your ATV and shoot them on the ground. If you believe in fair chase, well, things get tougher. Dusky grouse are often found among conifers where there's little cover, so they won't hold for a point and often flush wild. You seem to discount the physical exertion involved in chasing chukars. Don't. It's typically a young man's game. Very few guys my age can pass that physical. Don't know how old you are or what kinda of shape you're in, but I guarantee you will be able to test your limits out here. Odds are you won't last long. Cheers!

Blah blah blah....delusion. Alan Dershowitz says Cruz was the brightest student he ever had at Harvard Law School.It takes some brains to argue before the Supreme Court.

Alan and Harvard are on your approved list....no?

You talking about sanctimonious pricks is the pot calling the kettle "black". The only thing you're good at is insulting people. LOL!

I shot my sharp tails in Montana. I wouldn't bother with Utah for anything except elk and mule deer. No doubt in my mind I've done more western hunting than you have. Lecture someone else. grin

Who cares about chukkas? LOL!

Conversation over. You wrestle with pigs you're gonna get dirty. I've had my fun with you. We're done. laugh

Bye now.

Last edited by BobinNH; 12/31/15.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Blah blah blah....delusion. Alan Dershowitz says Cruz was the brightest student he ever had at Harvard Law School.It takes some brains to argue before the Supreme Court.

You talking about sanctimonious pricks is the pot calling the kettle "black". The only thing you're good at is insulting people. LOL!

I shot my sharp tails in Montana. I wouldn't bother with Utah for anything except elk and mule deer. No doubt in my mind I've done more western hunting than you have. Lecture someone else. grin

Conversation over. You wrestle with pigs you're gonna get dirty. I've had my fun with you. We're done. laugh

Bye now.

Really, Bobby? You want to compare hunting resumes? Who has more hunting experience in the west? Do tell. I'm not talking guided hunts or bird farms, I'm talking freelance hunting on public ground. I'm confident your assertions about hunting bear as little resemblance to reality as your political views. I really wonder about guys like you, big talkers, nothing to back it up. Happy New Year.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nobody gives a chit about what/how/where you hunt...other than maybe how to avoid you...I seen you brought up the ACA...Well, Cruz did the right thing...the ACA is badly flawed and did nothing to address the high costs of medical care...You may approve of legislation being passed that hasn't even been read, but I don't...Remember Nancy Pelosi saying "we have to pass it to see what's in it"??? If so, maybe you're also ok with the lawmakers exempting themselves & their staffs from it??? It must have been a great plan to get them to do that...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Back to the OP...I really don't think we know what her most repugnant lie is...YET

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Nobody gives a chit about what/how/where you hunt...other than maybe how to avoid you...I seen you brought up the ACA...Well, Cruz did the right thing...the ACA is badly flawed and did nothing to address the high costs of medical care...You may approve of legislation being passed that hasn't even been read, but I don't...Remember Nancy Pelosi saying "we have to pass it to see what's in it"??? If so, maybe you're also ok with the lawmakers exempting themselves & their staffs from it??? It must have been a great plan to get them to do that...

Cruz hasn't done one single productive thing as Senator. Ambitious, yes, but only for self-agrandizement. What has he actually accomplished? His policies are stuck in the 1950s, he has nothing to offer the country. Anti-abortion, anti-immigration reform, anti-providing healthcare, anti-everything. Again, he's nothing but a puke. You're going to be very disappointed come next November.

Bobby brought up hunting, not me. He seems to think that hunting with high quality guns somehow detracts from the experience. He knows nothing about hunting, politics, public policy, or, it seems, anything else. He's surely just another angry, fat old white bastard who does his hunting behind his keyboard.

Containing the cost of healthcare will be a long battle, for so many reasons. I'm not optimistic in the near term.

Last edited by Paddler; 01/01/16.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Bye now.
Never hunted sharp tails or chuckers,did hunt kudu though. wink

[Linked Image]

Is it ok if I hang with you BobinNH? grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Bye now.
Never hunted sharp tails or chuckers,did hunt kudu though. wink

[Linked Image]

Is it ok if I hang with you BobinNH? grin

Well, it depends on your definition of hunting, trophies, etc. I think like Aldo Leupold, who said, "The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in it's pursuit." So, if you followed your PH around with your nose up his butt and shot when and what he told you to, well, you be the judge. Is your kudu more of a trophy than a chukar you earned by sidehilling all day on shale, with a net vertical of a couple or three thousand feet? Or is it more of a trophy than a New England ruffed grouse you hiked all day for and made a tough shot through thick cover over a good dog you trained yourself? I don't know the circumstances of your hunt, but it's important to judge it in context. Feel free to hang with Bobby if that's what you like. Give Shrapnel a call while you're at it. He has no standards whatsoever.

Last edited by Paddler; 01/01/16.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Did somebody step in dog paddler? Stinks.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
You noticed the stench also?

Last edited by elkhunternm; 01/01/16.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well just to believe that there are two men that did Hillary is a pretty big stretch in my mind.

I don't believe even Ben Franklin would have mentioned the "All cats are grey in the dark" c h it if he had ever crossed paths with the Hildabeast.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Of course, you freaking idiot. You still believe Obama was born in Keyna, right? You are incredibly stupid.

I never cared where Obama was born.

But at age 64 I have not seen a doctor since the ACA was passed, and I would rather die than be treated with obama care.

He is doing gun control today.
311 more days until we can elect a republican Pres.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (320090T, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 29 invisible), 1,212 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,487
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.