-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find the fixed power SWFA scopes plenty good in terms of image quality for aiming. The Classics do exhibit some glare compared to the HD 3-9x and FX-3 under certain conditions but isn't a deal breaker especially given the price, tracking, and zero retention.

Last edited by 4th_point; 01/04/16.
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
i've had an older 10X, but nothing in the fixed line up in 5 or 6 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
I had the fixed 6 vx3 along side the fixed 6 super chicken in night conditions and cannot tell a difference in optical quality. The super chicken is a lot of scope for $300

I would agree. I've got an FX3 6x42 with M1 on my sheep rifle, and some SS scopes on my utility and play rifles...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Pat85
I had the fixed 6 vx3 along side the fixed 6 super chicken in night conditions and cannot tell a difference in optical quality. The super chicken is a lot of scope for $300

I would agree. I've got an FX3 6x42 with M1 on my sheep rifle, and some SS scopes on my utility and play rifles...

Guys,I really appreciate this comparison. How do they compare in ease to get behind (eye box) and lack of tunnel vision?

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Those that know the game would never request those IN the game to violate opsec/persec as you've asked.

Rock on Fan Boi.

OPSEC, really??

The idea that some body is replacing open source optics with dog schit hardly constitutes a violation of OPSEC.

Not what I'm saying - you specifically asked for

1 picture
2 who the person is
3 date of picture
4 unit (don't know how you mean this - unit of scope or .mil unit person is member of - if the latter you really are oblivious)

Originally Posted by JB
Post a picture of an issue optic being replaced with a SWFA. As you seem to think modifying issue weapons is no big deal give us the unit, date of picture, who was issued the weapon.

If you don't see how stating "SFC Snuffy Smith changed out the optic on his issued sniper rifle here - November 7, 2004" wouldn't be a violation of OPSEC - I don't know what to say.

Then again - I've spent several thousand hours in a SCIF and am a little more used to making sure people don't put things out there that can identify them as partaking in a particular mission, location, date and time and with what equipment.

Hell, even asking is the big hint.
You ever try to tell someone on the teams 'don't do that' or 'can't' or much of anything half the time, for that matter? This whole thread would stroke an SSO out.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 01/04/16.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Such and informed [bleep]. What makes you think Leupold would listen.

Last edited by sidepass; 01/04/16.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
....so far they haven't. There is something very wrong when a $300 Jap scope outperforms practically everything they make. That is unless every owner of these SS scopes is flat out lying.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Don't think thats the case but. Rather than dividing ourselves lets make contact with Leupold.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Those that know the game would never request those IN the game to violate opsec/persec as you've asked.

Rock on Fan Boi.

OPSEC, really??

The idea that some body is replacing open source optics with dog schit hardly constitutes a violation of OPSEC.

Not what I'm saying - you specifically asked for

1 picture
2 who the person is
3 date of picture
4 unit (don't know how you mean this - unit of scope or .mil unit person is member of - if the latter you really are oblivious)

Originally Posted by JB
Post a picture of an issue optic being replaced with a SWFA. As you seem to think modifying issue weapons is no big deal give us the unit, date of picture, who was issued the weapon.

If you don't see how stating "SFC Snuffy Smith changed out the optic on his issued sniper rifle here - November 7, 2004" wouldn't be a violation of OPSEC - I don't know what to say.

Then again - I've spent several thousand hours in a SCIF and am a little more used to making sure people don't put things out there that can identify them as partaking in a particular mission, location, date and time and with what equipment.

Hell, even asking is the big hint.
You ever try to tell someone on the teams 'don't do that' or 'can't' or much of anything half the time, for that matter? This whole thread would stroke an SSO out.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that hiring "Tier One" guys to shoot/help promote your products does not make you an operator (or a military member) or provide you with any more qualifications w/r/t OPSEC than Hillary and her illegal server.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If you could get any model of MK 4 you wanted For the same price as any comparable variable SS HD. then which one would you pick.

I only want answer from people who have not recently measured their or anyone else's junk. In less it was Katie perry's then we will need full disclosure laugh

Last edited by fredIII; 01/04/16.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by fredIII

I only want answer from people who have not recently measured their or anyone else's junk. In less it was Katie perry's then we will need full disclosure laugh

Katie Perry has a penis? shocked

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Now it is an UBER thread!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The erector assembly matters.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sidepass
Don't think thats the case but. Rather than dividing ourselves lets make contact with Leupold.

I've read negative chatter about their product for years here and nothing seems to have changed. I also believe they are well aware of what is being said about their products on forums.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dan_oz

I hope not. Wouldn't go well with those world class hooters...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And for the record, I'm kind of digging my 6x Chicken MQ. Put it in a cut down 308 5R and bolted it in any ugly MagPul stock. The setup works like it's supposed to, bouncing around from 100 to 400 yds. Glass quality is not lacking.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sidepass
Such and informed [bleep]. What makes you think Leupold would listen.

Hey, dude! I was retard for a day yesterday. Don't be sticking me with the "Such and informed [bleep]" label for today, ya fuhger. I got enough on my platter already.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dan_oz

I hope not. [Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 01/04/16.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
AkBob....guessing that was directed at maybe JB, and not me.....that end has gotten convaluted.

That mil quad might be a good fit for the next 5R AR I build.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
AkBob....guessing that was directed at maybe JB, and not me.....that end has gotten convaluted.

That mil quad might be a good fit for the next 5R AR I build.

You are correct sir. JB has a ton of shooting and hunting experience, and I hope he takes my hint in the good-hearted spirit it was intended. I think the thread (like many others) got a bit sidetracked. I'm not an operator but did 26 years in the AF and have done a good amount of operational planning, so I do know a bit of what I speak.

I have a 3-15 mil quad on a Tikka .223, but haven't shot it a bunch. I have two other SS' that will be mounted up shortly. As many have said, they don't cost a boatload and if you don't like them, the resale is very, very good. You're just a bit late now, but for next year....SWFA always has a really good Black Friday sale.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (117LBS, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,954
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.