Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Exactly. The problem is that the charge of racism would immediately be hurled (and supported by the MSM) against the administrator if he were to expel all students whose behavior was chronically inconsistent with an orderly and disciplined classroom. That's because the majority of blacks would suddenly be gone, while most whites would still be in school. The social justice warriors would be all over that as a "clear case of racism."

Big thumbs up here. This is the result of decades of reverse discrimination, social engineering, pass 'em at all cost policies.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ConradCA
This shows that the problem with the Ghetto Gangster culture is within it's members. It's not caused by discrimination or poor schools or poverty.

This absolutely says it all. When we quit taking the democrats way out by blaming ourselves, and start blaming the hood rats, maybe we can come up with a solution. ( Which will be politically incorrect and hence unpopular)
The 'people' do not need more entitlements thrown at them, they need their asses kicked.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The inmates are running the asylums. Liberal doctrine has removed discipline and personal responsibility from students and parents. PC run amok has helped create this condition.

NRA Patron Member
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The problem is the net that exists. Oh, so you're 16, pregnant an can't afford the kid, no problem, government will help you. Oh, got another kid, we'll give you more.

[bleep] that, if you can't afford it, parish. I don't care if the landfill is rolled over with the dead of the poor that can't figure out if you can't afford it, don't do it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wait!! I thought it was teachers unions to blame. When did the tide shift?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I pine for the days when my shop teacher could stick a cattle prod on the ear ear of a sleeping student and the kid jumping awake wearing the desk around his waist.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I just took a minute to read the rest of the story at the link. There's some funny schidt.

Two weeks in and Boland was crying in the bathroom.

Kids were tossing $110 textbooks out the window. They overturned desks and stormed out of classrooms.

There were seventh-grade girls with tattoos and T-shirts that read, “I’m Not Easy But We Can Negotiate.”

Their self-care toggled in the extreme, from girls who gave themselves pedicures in class to kids who went days without showering.

Kameron was in a league of his own. “I was genuinely afraid of him from the minute I set eyes on him,” Boland writes. After threatening to blow up the school, Kameron was suspended for a few months, and not long after his return, a hammer and a double switchblade fell out of his pockets.

The principal gave up. Kameron was expelled.

“Oh, they getting real tough around here now,” one student said. “Three hundred strikes, you out.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Ob*ma had a sista.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When these 'students' reach eighteen years of age their votes will count the same as yours and mine. Isn't that great?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our Director of Schools and School Board has adopted a program called PBS or Positive Behavior Support.

We give our students which are 7th and 8th graders paper money for acting and behaving in a positive way. We have PBS breaks so the kids can spend their PBS money buying popcorn, "healthy" slushies and small things like pencils and erasers etc.

Also administration is handcuffed because they can only suspend so many students or it reflects negatively on their evaluation. Basically all teachers and administrators are evaluated on office referrals and students placed in ISS or OSS.

We are rewarding kids for acting like they are suppose to act, even the bus drivers give out "Bus Bucks" for kids behaving on the bus. This is what is wrong with education.

Kids need to learn there are consequences for their actions and we are failing in a big way!

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 01/18/16.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When I was teaching there were articles in the literature suggesting the use of red pens/pencils while marking papers should be avoided. You know, damage to students' self esteem and all that rot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
“Oh, they getting real tough around here now,” one student said. “Three hundred strikes, you out.”

grin

....and people think these kids are stupid.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter

Kids need to learn there are consequences for their actions and we are failing in a big way!

This is where Citizens For Responsible Tazer Use in the Classroom come in.

When kids are that far gone, I guarantee within 30 seconds of tazing the troublemakers, you will have compliance from them and the rest.

We're wasting our time and money with feel good programs that won't work. I would say society is "self-destructing" but it's not, it's our responsibility to make the hard stand against this type of behavior wherever it is found. We don't so this continues.

Am I serious about tazing them? Yes. It would work, and that's what we need. Results. Not talk.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I would volunteer for a squad that goes door-to-door slapping parents.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I long for the days when lipping off to a teacher would net two ass whippings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Our Director of Schools and School Board has adopted a program called PBS or Positive Behavior Support.

We give our students which are 7th and 8th graders paper money for acting and behaving in a positive way.

I understand the concept of Positive Parenting etc. The problem is that programs that start in middle school are too late. The ship has sailed.

Kevin Haile
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What is pictured here is exactly what is going on at schools of all sizes and localities. The degree of disrespect and irresponsibiliy will vary, but in all cases, it is "what is wrong with our schools". There is no magic program (contrary to what the companies selling them might try to say) or magic teaching method (again, contrary to what those making money by providing "in-circus" programs and their ilk) that is going to make one whit of difference. What is needed is for students to fear (yes, fear) the consequences of misbehavior, inattention, and failure to complete (to the best of their ability) assigned work. They need to learn that they need to shape themselves to fit "the mold" as best they can rather than expecting a personal mold to be made especially for them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
What is pictured here is exactly what is going on at schools of all sizes and localities. The degree of disrespect and irresponsibiliy will vary, but in all cases, it is "what is wrong with our schools". There is no magic program (contrary to what the companies selling them might try to say) or magic teaching method (again, contrary to what those making money by providing "in-circus" programs and their ilk) that is going to make one whit of difference. What is needed is for students to fear (yes, fear) the consequences of misbehavior, inattention, and failure to complete (to the best of their ability) assigned work. They need to learn that they need to shape themselves to fit "the mold" as best they can rather than expecting a personal mold to be made especially for them.

Testify brother!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
What is needed is for students to fear (yes, fear) the consequences of misbehavior,

10 pages from now the lightbulb will go off and someone will say, "We just need to be able to taze them!" Everyone will cheer and rally 'round. 5 pages of funny anecdotes on tazer/child interactions will follow, and the issue will finally be resolved.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I long for the days when lipping off to a teacher would net two ass whippings.

Yep.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,681
Posts18,474,998
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.