Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
How many shooters have 20k or more rounds stashed away but keep buying more? There's your problem.

So at what point do you figure a fella has enough and is becoming a problem?

Black Cows Matter!
GB1

J
jaytee Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by P_Weed
You can blame The Government, The Manufacturers, The Retailers, all you want to . . .
I know it sounds crazy, but real the enemy is US!

If you want to order 22 Ammo (Bulk):

>> http://www.cdnnsports.com/ammunition.html# <<

Thats not a deal at all. 10+ cents per round in bulk, no thanks I can buy it for 7.5 local.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muleshoe
How many shooters have 20k or more rounds stashed away but keep buying more? There's your problem.

When nobody else can get a box to go rabbit hunting...and that's where we are right now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I didn't say the CDNN 22 LR ammo was a deal - that wasn't my point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by muleshoe

When nobody else can get a box to go rabbit hunting...and that's where we are right now.

10K? If it ever does show up here again I'd like to not become a problem. smile

Last I saw local was a couple of bulk Remington boxes of 5 hundred and whatever for $65 each. They got bought, but not by me.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I see it for sale but it doesn't sit. Academy, Dicks both get it in. Dicks here got in tubs of Remington Golden Bullets, 1200 for $75 IIRC, it was gone before I could get there. Everyone says the current Golden Bullet is great, far superior to that thunderbolt crap Remington used to sell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What ammo shortage ? Dick's and Gander mountain have had a good selection of .22LR on the shelves every time I've been in there for the past 6 months. I've picked up 10,000 rds. of Federal bulk hp's, Remington golden bullet hp's and CCI mini mag's just since October. I think I have 22,000+ stashed away now. A third of that will get burned up this summer so I'll continue to buy more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
What ammo shortage ? Dick's and Gander mountain have had a good selection of .22LR on the shelves every time I've been in there for the past 6 months. I've picked up 10,000 rds. of Federal bulk hp's, Remington golden bullet hp's and CCI mini mag's just since October. I think I have 22,000+ stashed away now. A third of that will get burned up this summer so I'll continue to buy more.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

There's always plenty left on the shelves when I leave. I bought two more 525 rd. bulk packs of Federal at Dick's last week. There were stacks of those plus a big stack of 525 rd bulk packs of Golden bullets, a half dozen 1400 rd buckets of golden bullets and a big stack of Winchester M-22 bricks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently Blackheart, you have hit the 20K level and thus become a problem.

Repent!! grin

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

J
jaytee Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
If you dont mind me asking Blackheart, how much are you paying per round?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Twice in 4 years I've seen .22 on the shelves here in Montana. None of the chains or the mom and pop stores have any.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Online is the way to go these days, though Academy here has a pretty good bit on the floor.

Natchez has some. Looks like CCI is out of stock though. Not cheap, but that's the way it is for now.. Glad I went deep on LR a few years ago.

http://www.natchezss.com/ammunition/rimfire-ammo.html

22 magnum is pretty thin these days, I guess all production is geared towards the 22LR until production passes demand.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I have a bit more than that in the back cabinet, but it was mostly bought back in 2007 and 2008, when the Kenyan was running for President. I just had a feeling it was going to get scarce. Federal 550 packs for about $8.99 a box.
Does not mean I don't buy more when I run across a decent price on a decent product.
Does that make me the evil one, or does that make me just prudent and prescient?

Sam......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jaytee
If you dont mind me asking Blackheart, how much are you paying per round?
Mini-Mags have been 8.99 per hundred so about 9 cents per round. The Federal and Remington bulk packs have been 27.95 per 525 rds. so about 5.3 cents per round.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was talking to the kid at Wally World yesterday about it. He said the ammo comes in on Wednesday, and they vary when they get around to putting it out, either morning or evening.

There's never any on the shelf when I walk by, which is why I asked, but he said they're getting it in on a steady basis. My guess is that the old retirees living around here are scarfing it up quick when it comes in. I live outside Ft. Knox and a lot of retirees live around here.

He said they'd been getting in Winchester 555, 333 and Federal Automatch pretty regularly.

I work nights, so I might ride over there Wednesday morning after work and beat the old retirees to the punch. I need ammo for the new .22 pistols we got for Christmas.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Some internet site called Lucky Gunner has 43 boes of Federal Automatch in stock. $65.00/box.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Dicks here has a sign on the gun counter that says 'no 22LR'.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Dicks here has a sign on the gun counter that says 'no 22LR'.
I guess Idaho sucks in at least one way compared to NY.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dicks has a contract w/ Remington, I believe, so they get first wack at it. They seem to have Thunderbolts fairly regular and Golden Bullets on occasion.
Other stores are hit & miss. It seems to be easing up, but not back to normal. OTOH, maybe this is the new "normal".
Lots of folks running around with "defense rifle" semis, and I'm betting that aggravates the situation. It's fun to burn through 50 as fast as you can pull the trigger, by it does nothing to help availability.
.22 magnum is near non-existent. I usually get laughed at for asking.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 71 invisible), 13,567 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,149
Posts18,542,639
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.